    Volker
    --
    For email replies, please substitute the obvious.

    Volker Hetzer, Jul 24, 2006

  2. "Volker Hetzer" <> wrote in message
    news:ea2e74$1ds$-siemens.com...
    > Hi!
    > Has anyone managed to get an usb remote control working on the cp8400?
    > Is there any nikon remote control for the "flat" usb socket on it?

    I don't think so. The manual only mentions the ML-L3 wireless remote
    control. It doesn't look like there's any provision for a USB remote.

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Jul 24, 2006

  3. Neil Harrington schrieb:
    > "Volker Hetzer" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi!
    >> Has anyone managed to get an usb remote control working on the cp8400?
    >> Is there any nikon remote control for the "flat" usb socket on it?

    > I don't think so. The manual only mentions the ML-L3 wireless remote
    > control. It doesn't look like there's any provision for a USB remote.

    Yes, officially there isn't.
    but there was a usb remote for the coolpix 5000 plus it is possible
    to remote control the cp8400 via usb with a laptop and some nikon software,
    so I was hoping that someone cobbled together an adapter and found
    out that the usb control works...

    Well, bad luck.

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker
    --
    For email replies, please substitute the obvious.

    Volker Hetzer, Jul 24, 2006
  4. "Volker Hetzer" <> wrote in message
    > Neil Harrington schrieb:
    >> "Volker Hetzer" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi!
    >>> Has anyone managed to get an usb remote control working on the cp8400?
    >>> Is there any nikon remote control for the "flat" usb socket on it?

    >> I don't think so. The manual only mentions the ML-L3 wireless remote
    >> control. It doesn't look like there's any provision for a USB remote.

    > Yes, officially there isn't.
    > but there was a usb remote for the coolpix 5000 plus it is possible
    > to remote control the cp8400 via usb with a laptop and some nikon
    > software,
    > so I was hoping that someone cobbled together an adapter and found
    > out that the usb control works...
    >
    > Well, bad luck.

    You can't use the wireless remote for what you want to do? Is that because
    you have to be behind the camera? I've considered that myself and thought
    that it should be possible to rig some sort of reflector to redirect the
    remote's IR signal to the camera sensor. But I haven't experimented with
    that idea yet.

    There is a *wired* remote for the 5400, 5700 and 8700, of course. But alas,
    that plugs into a unique connector on those cameras and almost certainly
    isn't adaptable to the 8400.

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Jul 25, 2006
  5. Neil Harrington wrote:

    > You can't use the wireless remote for what you want to do? Is that because
    > you have to be behind the camera? I've considered that myself and thought
    > that it should be possible to rig some sort of reflector to redirect the
    > remote's IR signal to the camera sensor. But I haven't experimented with
    > that idea yet.

    Exactly. Ok, I'll try that too.
    Thanks a lot!
    Volker
    --
    For email replies, please substitute the obvious.

    Volker Hetzer, Jul 25, 2006