    TIA -

    Bobm

    P.S. - Love this camera thus far.
    bobm, May 27, 2004

  2. bobm

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <Mxqtc.77627$>,
    bobm <> wrote:

    > I recently purchased this camera and want to add a polarizer.
    > Nikon says that with their filter holder, you must use their circ pola
    > filter. Has anyone used a generic (Tiffen, Hoya) 67mm polarizer instead?
    > Is there anything peculiar about ccd's that require a particular
    > polarizer, or others for example UV, 81B, etc?
    >
    > TIA -
    >
    > Bobm
    >
    > P.S. - Love this camera thus far.

    Used a Heliopan circular, both standard and SH-PMC types, with the 5700
    with no problems at all.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
    Bob Salomon, May 27, 2004

  3. bobm

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 18:35:24 GMT, bobm <> wrote:

    >I recently purchased this camera and want to add a polarizer.
    >Nikon says that with their filter holder, you must use their circ pola
    >filter. Has anyone used a generic (Tiffen, Hoya) 67mm polarizer instead?
    >Is there anything peculiar about ccd's that require a particular
    >polarizer, or others for example UV, 81B, etc?

    >P.S. - Love this camera thus far.

    Check sites like this for generic 5700 adapters
    http://www.nextphoto.net/5700.htm

    I have one too, and am sure ANY filter will work fine.

    Nikon also said I should use their overpriced SB-50DX speedlight for
    an external flash even though the 5700 uses NONE of the Nikon
    features!! LOL!!! Bought a Vivitar 730Ni and it works fine at about
    1/3 the price.

    Also why use an 81B - or any other colour correcting filter with a
    digital camera. The extra glass is not necessary when the image can
    be so easily manipulated.

    Even though I am mad at Nikon about the flash, I still am looking
    forward to the great images i will get with this camera.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)
    + http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
    + http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
    TheNewsGuy, May 27, 2004
  4. bobm

    Paul W. Ross Guest

    The issue is the autofocus system. As to any other "colored" filter,no problem.
    Paul W. Ross, May 28, 2004