    Vaillancourt Guest

    Does anyone know if the Nikon Coolpix 4500 is still in production?

    Thanks
    Vaillancourt, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Vaillancourt

    Tore Lund Guest

    Vaillancourt wrote:
    > Does anyone know if the Nikon Coolpix 4500 is still in production?

    No idea. At least it seems that they are abundantly available all over
    the world - except in the US. American users interpret this as saying
    that the 4500 has been abandoned, but it has probably more to do with
    the politics of Nikon USA.

    During the coming week we shall know what Nikon is up to. Either the
    swivel is slated for extinction or there is an upcoming successor or the
    4500.
    --
    Tore
    Tore Lund, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Vaillancourt

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Looks like it is in stock at online vendors with prices between $310 - $399.
    B&H has it in stock and there is a $50 rebate.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Vaillancourt

    dirtycow Guest

    > During the coming week we shall know what Nikon is up to. Either the
    > swivel is slated for extinction or there is an upcoming successor or the
    > 4500.

    I emailed Nikon on this, and was told that they 'did not know about a
    sucessor to the 4500 with split body design. Watch the website for details'.

    Erm, very helpful! But it does look like the split body design is dead,
    which is a grave mistake in my opinion.
    Matt
    dirtycow, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Vaillancourt

    Guest

    I'm a 900 and a 950 owner. Was planning to move up to the 4500. About
    the only place I see the 4500 listed is in ads in the British digital
    photo magazines. Is the 4500 not being marketed in the USofA ? Has it
    reliability problems ? or ?
    Thanks in advance for any comments
    Pywacket

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:19:01 -0000, "dirtycow" <>
    wrote:

    >> During the coming week we shall know what Nikon is up to. Either the
    >> swivel is slated for extinction or there is an upcoming successor or the
    >> 4500.

    >I emailed Nikon on this, and was told that they 'did not know about a
    >sucessor to the 4500 with split body design. Watch the website for details'.
    >
    >Erm, very helpful! But it does look like the split body design is dead,
    >which is a grave mistake in my opinion.
    > Matt

    , Apr 18, 2004