    Australia Mate!
    The standard face plate on this thing is brushed silver aluminium covered with a clear acrylic panel and there is some text printed in black so you know the numbers of the fans and max and mins etc.
    I plan to mod the face plate so it is black aluminium backing with clear green uv reactive plexi but the problem is I will lose the nice letter and number printing. So to overcome this I have gone and bought some overhead proector transparencies and I plan to print the correct labelling onto it and then cut it to fit and mount/sandwich the sheet between the aluminium and the green plexi it can still be read. What do you think?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Sounds like a plan :) why the green plexi? just for inner glow?

    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yer, the Clear looks a tad plain :D

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Well here's problem number 1, my printer wont print white :(
    So I will have to either use some sort of off-white or near white colour or pic something else all together. Can't be black because naturally you wont see it over the black backing.
    XhArD, I'm going with green because the case is going to be themed black and green ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Try this instead. Go to a hobby shop and buy yourself some decal letter/number sheets. You just wet them, then slide them on to the piece and you've got white lettering on there. Nobody's printer will print white, though I have this old ALPS MD5000 printer that prints gold and silver foil. Haven't used it in a long time, don't even know if it still works actually.
    If you don't have a hobby shop, just find some old model on EBay that has decals with the proper letters and numbers, it might take some looking. Wait, lemmy do a check for ya here.
    Try this guy's EBay shop...
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GW-Firefighting-Memorabilia-Plus
    He might have exactly what you need.

    The Modfather, Sep 16, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    my printer prints white :p... gee cannon beat ur little sercet :p
    ebays useful... to bad i have to be 18 to use it... [sarcasm]not that i have been using it or anything....[/sarcasm]

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    you dont have to be 18. you have to be 18 to register by credit card, thats all.

    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Nah you DO have to be 18 because every sale you enter into a legally binding contract and ya can't do that if under 18 ;)
    Thanks for the link mike, I'll see how it goes and might have to try some decals in the end.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    *thinks why Mike would be on a UK Ebay store....*
    I guess that lcd need to be returned because i signed Nothing :p, i ant giving it back, its too good. the only contract is selling... because ur are getting money and paying ebay... u need to sign something when u sell, but never when u buy :p

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Good luck with the lettering. If it works out, I might give it a try on my oldest son's all-black computer case.

    bigal, Sep 16, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    When I said sale I meant when you are selling something, sorry I should have been more clear.
    Cos I tried to sell something years ago :(

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i bet they hit u and beat u with a stick (smaller then mine :p)

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Nah, but mum and dad were angry when I didn't sell the games and had to pay listing fees (I had no bankcard or nothing then). So they sent me a letter with the cost, I sticky taped the $1.15c to the paper and mailed it back. Never heard from them again :p

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 17, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, $1.15 did u get any change back :p

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    UK, US, AUS, what difference does it make? I buy from wherever has what I want. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    u betta buy from us... we need a stronger economony :p

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hey, I buy from whoever's got what I need and has the best price. I'm not stupid enough to fall for that whole "Buy domestic" crap, 99.9% of the domestic stuff is made overseas anyway. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i know :p i just noticed u could interprate my post in two ways
    buy from us.
    It could be us or United States :|

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Well, you being in Australia and saying "we need" I figured "us".

    The Modfather, Sep 18, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yes good point, but some people would have made fun of me so i best correct it :D

    unholy, Sep 18, 2005