    Editor - www.certifiedsecuritypro.com
    MCSE 2003
    Security+

    =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIG9mIGNlcnRpZmllZHNlY3VyaXR5cHJvLmNv, Jun 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIG9mIGNlcnRpZmllZHNlY3VyaXR5cHJvLmNv

    T-Bone Guest

    "Don of certifiedsecuritypro.com"
    <> wrote
    > The Certified Security Professional is an online only magazine featuring a
    > free & open exchange of security information.

    Interesting looking, but I don't think a site that offers resources for
    hacking is going to allow itself to stand out as a good resource for
    reliable information.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Sorry you feel this way, but the term hacking didn't always have a bad rep.
    And, although we all know its current usage, numerous well respected people
    in the security field, myself included, feel that studying the ways of the
    hackers allows us to better protect our networks.

    Penetration testers, now being called ethical hackers, I'm sure would also
    strongly disagree with you as this is how they legitimately make a living and
    provide a great service.

    In addition, I think the industry is behind me when all major security
    institutes and training facilities offer extensive courses in hacking,
    penetration testing and incident response. Also, major government agencies
    are strongly encouraging their IT staff to become a CEH (Certified Ethical
    Hacker).

    So for arguments sake, what would you suggest as a 'good resource for
    reliable information' that never mentions the word hacking or never offers
    its readers this type of information? I doubt it exists, or if it does, it is
    woefully inadequate in preparing security professionals with a real and
    accurate picture of today's landscape.

    With all respect,
    Don
    --
    Don

    =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIG9mIGNlcnRpZmllZHNlY3VyaXR5cHJvLmNv, Jul 13, 2005