    semester student playing with Macromedia Director, who had never really
    used any of the applications it was trying to teach, and had no skills
    in teaching.
    zed, May 19, 2004

  2. zed

    GJ Guest

    zed wrote:

    > Has anyone else looked at the "CoolIT" course offered by CPIT?
    > I just wonder if anyone else formed the opinion I did - that it was a
    > poorly designed bit of work that looked like it was made by a first
    > semester student playing with Macromedia Director, who had never really
    > used any of the applications it was trying to teach, and had no skills
    > in teaching.

    Have a look at stuff.co.nz for an article on how the CoolIT course was a
    revenue gathering exercise by CHCH institute using a loophole while
    providing almost no benefit.

    GJ
    GJ, May 19, 2004

  3. zed

    mario Guest

    The GF did this Coolit "course".
    Many trees died in the making of the cardboard folder to hold the cdrom.

    There was no teaching, more repetition. Do this, do that. You can now
    use Power point. There was no point (except for making some easy cash)
    to it.

    mario

    mario, May 19, 2004
  4. zed

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "mario" <> wrote in message
    > The GF did this Coolit "course".
    > Many trees died in the making of the cardboard folder to hold the cdrom.
    >
    > There was no teaching, more repetition. Do this, do that. You can now
    > use Power point. There was no point (except for making some easy cash)
    > to it.
    >
    > mario

    In one way it's good that they've ripped off the government. Some Maori
    have been getting away with it for years. Makes a change to see a different
    outfit rip the government off. Of course Anderton wasted 80 million on his
    peoples/Kiwi Bank as well.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, May 20, 2004
  5. zed

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 15:14:41 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > Of course Anderton wasted 80 million on his
    > peoples/Kiwi Bank as well.

    It is still there and growing in customer numbers. It is good to see the
    Govt help the competition start.
    Gordon, May 20, 2004
  6. zed wrote:

    > Has anyone else looked at the "CoolIT" course offered by CPIT?
    > I just wonder if anyone else formed the opinion I did - that it was a
    > poorly designed bit of work that looked like it was made by a first
    > semester student playing with Macromedia Director, who had never really
    > used any of the applications it was trying to teach, and had no skills
    > in teaching.

    I'd like to see it.

    I had started creating something similar at work. We're a distance
    provider for computing, we only use books, and our course is seriously
    deficient for auditory learners. I was using Flash (only because my
    programming skills don't extend much further), and going to add on
    floating window facility, and speech at the end with the third party
    Flash Studio Pro tool. Units would just be XML files, it would grab the
    directions and any supplementary info from there, and workbooks could
    just be created from the same files as well. I had to put my project on
    hold, because they want me to get a Certificate in Adult Education and
    that's taking up all my spare working time and then some, and boring me
    to tears in the process.

    Was this Cool IT thing done in Director? I don't know anything about
    Director, does is have features that're useful for something like this?
    I'm a Trampoline, May 20, 2004
  7. zed

    geoffm Guest

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 17:39:46 +1200, Gordon <> wrote:

    >It is still there and growing in customer numbers. It is good to see the
    >Govt help the competition start.

    All it needed was the government to allow competition - like say the
    existing credit unions. $80m to provide a bank that has acheieved
    nothing of significance. The other banks will be happy, by taking the
    low account, high turnover unreliable beneficiaries away, it will have
    helped their bottom line.
    geoffm, May 20, 2004
  8. zed

    K T T Guest

    > "mario" <> wrote in message
    > > The GF did this Coolit "course".
    > > Many trees died in the making of the cardboard folder to hold the cdrom.
    > >
    > > There was no teaching, more repetition. Do this, do that. You can now
    > > use Power point. There was no point (except for making some easy cash)
    > > to it.
    > >
    > > mario

    > In one way it's good that they've ripped off the government. Some Maori
    > have been getting away with it for years. Makes a change to see a

    different
    > outfit rip the government off. Of course Anderton wasted 80 million on

    his
    > peoples/Kiwi Bank as well.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Which Maoris?
    K T T, May 21, 2004
  9. In article <c8jps5$hvb$>, says...

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "mario" <> wrote in message
    > > > The GF did this Coolit "course".
    > > > Many trees died in the making of the cardboard folder to hold the cdrom.
    > > >
    > > > There was no teaching, more repetition. Do this, do that. You can now
    > > > use Power point. There was no point (except for making some easy cash)
    > > > to it.
    > > >
    > > > mario

    > > In one way it's good that they've ripped off the government. Some Maori
    > > have been getting away with it for years. Makes a change to see a

    > different
    > > outfit rip the government off. Of course Anderton wasted 80 million on

    > his
    > > peoples/Kiwi Bank as well.
    > >
    > > E. Scrooge
    > >

    > Which Maoris?

    Ignore Scrooge, he is a gasbag, full of methane.

    Lots of people rip off the government, some of them are Maori, some of
    them are Samoan, some of them are Pakeha, you racist prick Scrooge.
    Patrick Dunford, May 22, 2004
  10. zed

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > In article <c8jps5$hvb$>, says...
    > >
    > > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "mario" <> wrote in message

    cdrom.

    now

    cash)

    > > > In one way it's good that they've ripped off the government. Some

    Maori
    > > > have been getting away with it for years. Makes a change to see a

    > > different
    > > > outfit rip the government off. Of course Anderton wasted 80 million

    on
    > > his
    > > > peoples/Kiwi Bank as well.
    > > >
    > > > E. Scrooge
    > > >

    > > Which Maoris?

    > Ignore Scrooge, he is a gasbag, full of methane.
    >
    > Lots of people rip off the government, some of them are Maori, some of
    > them are Samoan, some of them are Pakeha, you racist prick Scrooge.

    I'm only against cheap rip off artists like yourself. Don't you even know
    what race Anderton is, thicko?

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, May 22, 2004
  11. zed

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On 20 May 2004 12:16:11 -0500, geoffm
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 20 May 2004 17:39:46 +1200, Gordon <> wrote:
    >
    >>It is still there and growing in customer numbers. It is good to see the
    >>Govt help the competition start.

    > All it needed was the government to allow competition - like say the
    >existing credit unions. $80m to provide a bank that has acheieved
    >nothing of significance. The other banks will be happy, by taking the
    >low account, high turnover unreliable beneficiaries away, it will have
    >helped their bottom line.

    Well as it happens the banks' bottom lines are a little lower than
    expected this last financial year, in case you hadn't noticed Geoff.
    They're trotting out the usual plattitudes but one can't help but
    notice their first reduction in profit growth in recent history has
    occured *after* Kiwibank came on the scene. Coincidence? I don't
    think so.

    One of the obvious contradictions in the (ocker-owned) banks unified
    stance about low income earners was that they said those type of
    customers cost the banks money. By definition that means Kiwibank
    would lose more money for every customer they gained. That has proven
    to be complete bullshit... the banks were lying through their teeth.

    As for Cool IT. It's interesting to note that if this had been a Maori
    venture there is no question they'd be howling from the rooftops. It's
    a complete rort that allowed a few selected elite to rake it in at the
    expense of the taxpayer, and nary a whimper from people. Looks like
    it's ok to rip the state off if you're white & middle/upper class,
    just can't do it if you've got brown skin.

    Cheers

    Gavin
    Gavin Tunney, May 28, 2004