    can re-access it is as a session ... Any help would be great )specific,
    please, as I am a true beginner and need step-bystep!)

    Thanks!

    Erskin, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Erskin wrote:
    > I'm a beginner with Cool Edit Pro. I have just finished mixing a session,
    > and saved is as a session (.ses file) My question is, how do I get this back
    > into a .wav file so I can burn it to an audio CD? It seems the only way I
    > can re-access it is as a session ... Any help would be great )specific,
    > please, as I am a true beginner and need step-bystep!)
    >
    > Thanks!

    export it as a wav file

    --

    Quiet, Pinky; I'm pondering.
    _ _
    /~\\ \ //~\
    | \\ \ // |
    [ || || ]
    ] Y || || Y [
    | \_|l,------.l|_/ |
    | >' `< |
    \ (/~`--____--'~\) /
    `-_>-__________-<_-'
    /(_#(__)#_)\
    \___/__\___/
    /__`--'__\
    /\(__,>-~~ __)
    /\//\\( `--~~ )
    '\/ <^\ /^>
    _\ >-__-< /_
    (___\ /___)

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Erskin

    AdamC Guest

    "Erskin" <> wrote in message
    > I'm a beginner with Cool Edit Pro. I have just finished mixing a session,
    > and saved is as a session (.ses file) My question is, how do I get this

    back
    > into a .wav file so I can burn it to an audio CD? It seems the only way I
    > can re-access it is as a session ... Any help would be great )specific,
    > please, as I am a true beginner and need step-bystep!)
    >
    > Thanks!

    Open your session file which will open up your wave files the way they were
    recorded and mixed. Then in the File tab go to "Save Mixdown As" instead of
    saving the session file again. Once you do this you have the option to keep
    it a wave file or use mp3PRO from Fraunhofer IIS, and Thomson multimedia.
    Upon doing this it will save either the mp3 or the wave as it sounds when
    you play it back in Cool Edit.

    I find when saving the mix into a wave or mp3 the mix will be just a tad on
    the quiet side, of course compared to the playback in Cool Edit. Just keep
    that in mind.

    AdamC

    AdamC, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Erskin

    ProfGene Guest

    If you can get it into the program and you see the wave then you can save it
    as a wav. There are a number of wave saving options but the one for Windows
    says something about Microsoft wave. If you have a multi-wave session to
    get it into a wave form you choose the option "mixdown" and it will turn it
    into a stereo wave which can be saved for burning. I always save my work in
    wave format even if it is going to be worked on otherwise the waves are in
    the temp file and these can be lost if you have do something wrong while you
    are workign on it as happened to us once when my friend got the brilliant
    idea to edit one of the unsaved waves with a program that wasn't installed.
    We found out why they say close all programs before installing a program
    because the install process wiped out the unsaved wave.

    ProfGene, Jun 22, 2004