Cool dns lookup site

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing, Apr 5, 2005.

  1. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 5, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 5, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 5/04/2005 1:28 p.m.:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >>> www.dnsstuff.com

    >> ummm, wow, thats overly handy.

    > heh, close, but no cigar.
    > http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/city.ch?ip=202.150.101.4
    >
    > Dunedin.

    Yep you might be in Dunedin, but I bet the IP was issued in Auckland :cool:

    Collector»NZ, Apr 5, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ wrote:

    >>> ummm, wow, thats overly handy.

    >> heh, close, but no cigar.
    >> http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/city.ch?ip=202.150.101.4
    >> Dunedin.

    > Yep you might be in Dunedin, but I bet the IP was issued in Auckland :cool:

    it doesnt say where it was issued, actually it doesnt say it's not where
    it was issued either... it's not like it matters anyway.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 5, 2005
  6. thing

    A.D. Guest

    thing wrote:
    > www.dnsstuff.com
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    How did you come across it? Paradise faults told me about it.

    A.D.

    A.D., Apr 5, 2005
  7. On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:40:30 +1200, Dave.net.nz <> wrote:

    >>> heh, close, but no cigar.
    >>> http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/city.ch?ip=202.150.101.4
    >>> Dunedin.

    >> Yep you might be in Dunedin, but I bet the IP was issued in Auckland :cool:

    > it doesnt say where it was issued, actually it doesnt say it's not where
    > it was issued either... it's not like it matters anyway.

    I am in New Zealand, City of Melbourne, Victoria.

    Phil.

    Philip Charles. I sell GNU/Linux CD-ROMs, see http://www.copyleft.co.nz
    025 267 9420 fax 03 488 2875

    Philip Charles, Apr 7, 2005