    I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the lens.
    It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.

    http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html
    Annika1980, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
    > showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
    > I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the

    lens.
    > It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
    >
    > http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

    Cool, but the roll-over thingy doesn't work without slowly re-loading the
    pic each time you move on or off with mouse.
    Mark², Nov 18, 2004

  3. Annika1980

    Eric Gill Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in

    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
    >> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
    >> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the

    > lens.
    >> It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
    >>
    >> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

    > Cool, but the roll-over thingy doesn't work without slowly re-loading the
    > pic each time you move on or off with mouse.

    Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.

    Have no idea what problems you're got.
    Eric Gill, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    "TheNewsGuy(Mike)" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:57:53 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    > number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    > >> It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
    > >>
    > >> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

    > >Cool, but the roll-over thingy doesn't work without slowly re-loading the
    > >pic each time you move on or off with mouse.

    > Works fine for me - really quick change between the two. Nice

    OK.
    ?
    Mark², Nov 18, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "TheNewsGuy(Mike)" <> wrote in message

    >>>Cool, but the roll-over thingy doesn't work without slowly re-loading the
    >>>pic each time you move on or off with mouse.

    >>Works fine for me - really quick change between the two. Nice

    > OK.

    Hi...

    Works perfectly for me too. Very impressive.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Nov 18, 2004
  6. "Eric Gill" <> wrote in message
    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in
    >

    > > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >> While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
    > >> showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
    > >> I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the

    > > lens.
    > >> It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
    > >>
    > >> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

    > > Cool, but the roll-over thingy doesn't work without slowly re-loading

    the
    > > pic each time you move on or off with mouse.

    > Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
    >
    > Have no idea what problems you're got.

    Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection ;)
    Darrell Larose, Nov 18, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    "Darrell Larose" <> wrote in message

    > "Eric Gill" <> wrote in message
    > > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in
    > >

    > > > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message

    the
    > > > lens.

    > > > Cool, but the roll-over thingy doesn't work without slowly re-loading

    > the
    > > > pic each time you move on or off with mouse.

    > > Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
    > >
    > > Have no idea what problems you're got.
    > >

    > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection ;)

    There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
    I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with 1GB
    RAM.

    ??
    Not sure what the problem is.
    My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
    have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.

    Any thoughts, anyone??
    Mark², Nov 18, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    Jer Guest

    Mark² wrote:

    > "Darrell Larose" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Eric Gill" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in

    > the

    >>the

    >>>Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
    >>>
    >>>Have no idea what problems you're got.
    >>>

    >>Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection ;)

    > There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
    > I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with 1GB
    > RAM.
    >
    > ??
    > Not sure what the problem is.
    > My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
    > have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.
    >
    > Any thoughts, anyone??

    Mouse-over works fine here too.

    Mark, start by checking your browser's cache options, or any other
    options related to how it's used.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Nov 18, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "Darrell Larose" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Eric Gill" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in

    > the

    >>the

    >>>Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
    >>>
    >>>Have no idea what problems you're got.
    >>>

    >>Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection ;)

    > There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
    > I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with 1GB
    > RAM.
    >
    > ??
    > Not sure what the problem is.
    > My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
    > have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.
    >
    > Any thoughts, anyone??

    Hi...

    Don't use IE, but one of netscapes preference settings
    is when to reload (refresh?) a page...

    There are a profusion of choices, one of which is
    every durned time you look at something.

    I'm sure IE will have something similar, if only
    you can find it :)

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Nov 18, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    Rick Guest

    Does not work here either, also when opening pics from Pbase i cannot open
    any original files, this happened with win 98 and Xp home edition, any ideas
    as to what I'm doing wrong?

    Rick

    Rick, Nov 18, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    re-loading
    > > the
    > > >
    > > > Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
    > > >
    > > > Have no idea what problems you're got.
    > > >

    > > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection ;)

    > There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
    > I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with

    1GB
    > RAM.
    >
    > ??
    > Not sure what the problem is.
    > My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
    > have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.
    >
    > Any thoughts, anyone??

    Interestingly, just deleting my Temporary Internet Files fixed the problem!
    ??
    Strange.
    Mark², Nov 18, 2004
  12. Annika1980

    Eric Gill Guest

    (Annika1980) wrote in

    > While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
    > showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
    > I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the
    > lens. It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
    >
    > http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

    The only way you could have gotten a more perfect demo would have been to
    work a pond in somehow (and the building windows really illustrate that).
    Nice.
    Eric Gill, Nov 18, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >> It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
    >>
    >> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

    >Cool, but the roll-over thingy doesn't work without slowly re-loading the
    >pic each time you move on or off with mouse.

    Works fine for me - really quick change between the two. Nice

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)
    + http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
    + http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym NOWTHISWORKS
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    TheNewsGuy, Nov 18, 2004
  14. Annika1980

    imbsysop Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:21:25 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    >"Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

    >re-loading
    >> > the

    >> > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection ;)

    >> There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
    >> I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with

    >1GB
    >> RAM.
    >>
    >> ??
    >> Not sure what the problem is.
    >> My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
    >> have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts, anyone??

    >Interestingly, just deleting my Temporary Internet Files fixed the problem!
    >??
    >Strange.

    not strange at all ..
    imbsysop, Nov 18, 2004
  15. Annika1980

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On 18 Nov 2004 00:51:49 GMT, (Annika1980) wrote:

    > While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
    > showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
    > I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the lens.
    > It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
    >
    > http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

    Does the 20D have a video mode? If so, it would make a rather interesting
    video.
    Ken Oaf, Nov 18, 2004
  16. Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded.

    º\(*_*\)º NIKON4EVER, Nov 18, 2004
  17. "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

    > "Darrell Larose" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Eric Gill" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in

    > the

    re-loading
    > > the
    > > >
    > > > Works instantly with IE 6, Mozilla and Thunderbird.
    > > >
    > > > Have no idea what problems you're got.
    > > >

    > > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection ;)

    > There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
    > I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip with

    1GB
    > RAM.
    >
    > ??
    > Not sure what the problem is.
    > My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even pages I
    > have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet files cache.
    >
    > Any thoughts, anyone??

    Does your ISP use a proxy server? Some use a transparent proxy... just a
    thought.
    ~Darrell Larose~, Nov 18, 2004
  18. "Ken Oaf" <> wrote in message
    > On 18 Nov 2004 00:51:49 GMT, (Annika1980) wrote:
    >
    > > While waiting on the bus today, I decided to do a quick demo
    > > showing the effects of a circular polarizer.
    > > I took two pics, changing only the orientation of the polarizer on the

    lens.
    > > It's amazing what a little turn of the filter can do.
    > >
    > > http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/brethogan/polarizer.html

    > Does the 20D have a video mode? If so, it would make a rather interesting
    > video.

    I don't know any dSLR cameras with a video mode.
    ~Darrell Larose~, Nov 18, 2004
  19. Annika1980

    > re-loading
    >> > the

    >> > Maybe he's on 28.8 dial-up, works fine with my 5 mbps connection ;)

    >> There must be something funny going on with my IE 6.
    >> I'm on a Cable modem with tons of speed, and running a P4 3gig chip
    >> with

    > 1GB
    >> RAM.
    >>
    >> ??
    >> Not sure what the problem is.
    >> My browser seems to be completely re-downloading all pages--even
    >> pages I have just clicked from--as though it is ignoring the internet
    >> files cache.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts, anyone??

    > Interestingly, just deleting my Temporary Internet Files fixed the
    > problem! ??
    > Strange.

    Happens, especially under IE. Various corruption problems can be solved
    that way, too.

    It's a good idea to dump all your temp files every now and again, and
    there are utilities out there to automate the process.
    Eric Gill, Nov 18, 2004
  20. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 18, 2004