    How does someone set cookies? I looked all over windows 98 and XP. No dice.

    Thanks
    Tino

    teak, Oct 30, 2003

  2. For cookies, they are not set in 98 or XP, they are set in PHP/Javascript or
    VBScript within HTML Web services.

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Oct 30, 2003

  3. teak

    teak Guest

    "C. Philip Cutler II" <> wrote in message news:<bbdob.84964$vj2.14123@fed1read06>...
    > For cookies, they are not set in 98 or XP, they are set in PHP/Javascript or
    > VBScript within HTML Web services.
    >
    > Philip
    >
    > "teak" <> wrote in message
    > > How does someone set cookies? I looked all over windows 98 and XP. No

    > dice.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Tino

    How do I set them none the less?

    Tino

    teak, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Well in PHP you use the command

    setcookie ( string name [, string value [, int expire [, string path [,
    string domain [, int secure]]]]])
    http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.setcookie.php

    Javascript
    Client Side
    http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/ecmascript/quickref/doc_cookie.html
    Server Side Request
    http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/asp/quickref/request_cookies.html
    Server Side Response (Write)
    http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/asp/quickref/response_cookies.html

    VBScript
    Use the Javascript Links above for Server or you can use the session values.

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Oct 31, 2003
  5. teak

    JS Guest

    Hi Tino,
    I don't think I understand your question. Are you asking "How does one
    configure cookie-handling in Win 98"? If this is your question, look in:

    Start/Settings/Control Panel/Internet Options applet/Privacy tab (Settings
    and Websites)

    I have my IE set as strict as possible:
    - Override automatic cookie handling
    - Prompt both First and Third party cookies
    - Don't always allow session cookies.

    Then i see every cookie that a website tries to push onto my machine,
    and I decide to accept it or not. It gets a little tedious sometimes, but I
    don't think most of these cookies are necessary, so I don't like them, and
    don't accept them. I accept only those cookies from specific entities with
    which i want to do business, like nytimes or amazon.com.

    The other possible interpretation of your question is "how does a web
    server set cookies on my machine." but i don't think that's what you're
    asking.

    regards,
    js.

    JS, Nov 3, 2003