cookies.txt file

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John, Nov 21, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    With Netscape 7, and also earlier versions of Firefox I believe), I made the
    "cookies.txt" file "read only".
    That way, no additional cookies could be set after I allowed the ones I wanted
    for on-line banking etc.

    Now, with version 1.0, if I make it a read-only file, it creates another file
    (cokies.txt.moztmp) PLUS continuous "cookies-NN.txt" files.

    I wonder if in the future this could be changed so that this would work the same
    as in earlier versions and as in Netscape.

    Also, I liked the feature in Netscape where it remained loaded in the
    background, and could be called up almost instantaneously.

    Anyone reading this have any input to future development?

    Thanks!

    John <><

    John, Nov 21, 2004

  2. John wrote:
    > With Netscape 7, and also earlier versions of Firefox I believe), I made the
    > "cookies.txt" file "read only".
    > That way, no additional cookies could be set after I allowed the ones I wanted
    > for on-line banking etc.
    >
    > Now, with version 1.0, if I make it a read-only file, it creates another file
    > (cokies.txt.moztmp) PLUS continuous "cookies-NN.txt" files.
    >
    > I wonder if in the future this could be changed so that this would work the same
    > as in earlier versions and as in Netscape.

    There is a neat little extension called Cookie Culler. With it, you can
    protect any cookies you want to be sure to keep, and then deny all
    others. Sounds like this would do want you want.

    http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/

    > Also, I liked the feature in Netscape where it remained loaded in the
    > background, and could be called up almost instantaneously.
    >
    > Anyone reading this have any input to future development?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > John <><

    There is no Quicklaunch for Firefox, and, as far I know, there are no
    plans to include it.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 21, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:39:38 GMT, Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    >There is a neat little extension called Cookie Culler. With it, you can
    >protect any cookies you want to be sure to keep, and then deny all
    >others. Sounds like this would do want you want.
    >
    >http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/

    Thanks, Lee! I'll try it

    >> Also, I liked the feature in Netscape where it remained loaded in the
    >> background, and could be called up almost instantaneously.
    >>
    >> Anyone reading this have any input to future development?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> John <><

    >There is no Quicklaunch for Firefox, and, as far I know, there are no
    >plans to include it.

    Well, it was not a real priority with me anyway.

    Thanks again, Lee!

    John <><

    John, Nov 22, 2004
  4. John wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:39:38 GMT, Leonidas Jones <> wrote:
    >

    >>There is a neat little extension called Cookie Culler. With it, you can
    >>protect any cookies you want to be sure to keep, and then deny all
    >>others. Sounds like this would do want you want.
    >>
    >>http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/

    > Thanks, Lee! I'll try it
    >
    >>>Also, I liked the feature in Netscape where it remained loaded in the
    >>>background, and could be called up almost instantaneously.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone reading this have any input to future development?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks!
    >>>
    >>>John <><

    >>There is no Quicklaunch for Firefox, and, as far I know, there are no
    >>plans to include it.
    >>

    > Well, it was not a real priority with me anyway.
    >
    > Thanks again, Lee!
    >
    > John <><

    No problem, I hope all goes well!

    Lee