    Would like to see what I have, and probably dump a lot of them.

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Nov 7, 2008

  2. Robert11

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:36:04 -0500, Robert11 wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Using XP and Firefox.
    >
    > Re Cookies: The XP Help says that they are (all) stored in:
    >
    > Cookies are stored is in a folder named Cookies which is stored inside
    > the Documents and Settings folder.
    >
    > By default, the path is C:\Documents and Settings\your user
    > name\Cookies.
    >
    > But when I go there, there is no Cookies Folder shown ?
    >
    > Where else might they be stored ?
    > Would like to see what I have, and probably dump a lot of them.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Change the settings in Windows explorer to see hidden files then try
    again.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com

    Aardvark, Nov 7, 2008

  3. Robert11 wrote:

    > Using XP and Firefox.
    > Re Cookies: The XP Help says that they are (all) stored in:
    >
    > Cookies are stored is in a folder named Cookies which is stored inside
    > the Documents and Settings folder.
    >
    > By default, the path is C:\Documents and Settings\your user
    > name\Cookies.

    That might be the path for some version of Internet Explorer, not
    Firefox. With Firefox, they may be stored at a place such as this:

    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomletters>\cookies.txt

    Do NOT edit this file. Repeat: DO NOT edit this file.

    > But when I go there, there is no Cookies Folder shown ?
    >
    > Where else might they be stored ?
    > Would like to see what I have, and probably dump a lot of them.

    Use the Firefox Cookie Manager instead of mucking about on your hard
    drive.

    Tools > Options > Privacy tab > Cookies

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 7, 2008
  4. Robert11

    zynteq7 Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Using XP and Firefox.
    >
    > Re Cookies: The XP Help says that they are (all) stored in:
    >
    > Cookies are stored is in a folder named Cookies which is stored inside the
    > Documents and Settings folder.
    >
    > By default, the path is C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Cookies.
    >
    > But when I go there, there is no Cookies Folder shown ?
    >
    > Where else might they be stored ?
    > Would like to see what I have, and probably dump a lot of them.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    For other tips, you may want to check out: mozilla.support.firefox in
    news.mozilla.org

    zynteq7, Nov 7, 2008
  5. Robert11

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:01:10 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Robert11 wrote:
    >
    >> Using XP and Firefox.
    >> Re Cookies: The XP Help says that they are (all) stored in:
    >>
    >> Cookies are stored is in a folder named Cookies which is stored inside
    >> the Documents and Settings folder.
    >>
    >> By default, the path is C:\Documents and Settings\your user
    >> name\Cookies.

    >That might be the path for some version of Internet Explorer, not
    >Firefox. With Firefox, they may be stored at a place such as this:
    >
    >C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
    >Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomletters>\cookies.txt
    >
    >Do NOT edit this file. Repeat: DO NOT edit this file.

    Why?
    The file didn't come with my PC.
    The only thing it does is stores the cookies. I can delete any cookie
    I want to. Specially all those "doubleclick" ones.

    Both FF and IE have a button you can click to delete the cookies.
    So why can't I do the same?

    richard, Nov 8, 2008
  6. richard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >>C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
    >>Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomletters>\cookies.txt
    >>
    >>Do NOT edit this file. Repeat: DO NOT edit this file.

    > Why?
    > The file didn't come with my PC.

    No RtS, it arrives after you install Firefox and first save a cookie.

    > The only thing it does is stores the cookies. I can delete any cookie
    > I want to. Specially all those "doubleclick" ones.

    If you used the cookie manager correctly, you wouldn't *have* any
    doubleclick cookies.

    > Both FF and IE have a button you can click to delete the cookies. So
    > why can't I do the same?

    That's what the cookie manager is for. That text file is where the
    manager stores its data. If you want to mess things up, you go right
    ahead and mess with the file...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 8, 2008
  7. Robert11

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:19:19 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >>>C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
    >>>Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomletters>\cookies.txt
    >>>
    >>>Do NOT edit this file. Repeat: DO NOT edit this file.

    >> Why?
    >> The file didn't come with my PC.

    >No RtS, it arrives after you install Firefox and first save a cookie.
    >
    >> The only thing it does is stores the cookies. I can delete any cookie
    >> I want to. Specially all those "doubleclick" ones.

    >If you used the cookie manager correctly, you wouldn't *have* any
    >doubleclick cookies.
    >
    >> Both FF and IE have a button you can click to delete the cookies. So
    >> why can't I do the same?

    >That's what the cookie manager is for. That text file is where the
    >manager stores its data. If you want to mess things up, you go right
    >ahead and mess with the file...

    oh the great know nothing has spoken with such fire once again.
    all heed his warning or forever be smitten with some strange disease.
    Beau? Go suck an egg and you'll feel better.

    richard, Nov 8, 2008
  8. richard wrote:

    > oh the great know nothing has spoken with such fire once again. all
    > heed his warning or forever be smitten with some strange disease.

    Hey, it's your computer. Feel free to mess it up if you want to.

    > Beau? Go suck an egg and you'll feel better.

    Over easy, with crispy home fries, bacon, and rye please.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 8, 2008
  9. Robert11

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:36:04 -0500, Robert11 wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Using XP and Firefox.

    .... and which version of IE?

    >Re Cookies: The XP Help says that they are (all) stored in:

    That will be Vista/MSIE cookies, it's unlikely MS Win XP help would have
    the paths for FF settings in it's helpfile.

    >Cookies are stored is in a folder named Cookies which is stored inside the
    >Documents and Settings folder.
    >
    >By default, the path is C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Cookies.

    That's just a pointer to the real path. MS seem to think you don't need
    to access cookies this way.

    >But when I go there, there is no Cookies Folder shown ?
    >
    >Where else might they be stored ?

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 56,600 for
    vista cookies folder path
    .. (0.21 seconds)

    Vista's Enigmatic Cookies Folder. - Microsoft Windows Vista ...
    1 post - Last post: 1 Mar
    This path, however, is just a kind of a pointer. IE 7 In Vista, stores
    its Cookies, however, in a different folder. ...
    www.vistaheads.com/forums/winvistaclub-blog/201813-vistas-enigmatic-cookies-folder.html
    - 61k - Cached - Similar pages -

    Try the suggestion,
    Re: cookies folder
    Open Windows Explorer, press F10 to see the menu, and choose Tools |
    Folder
    Options. Click the View tab. Find the option to Show hidden files and
    folders and check it. Find Hide protected operating system files and
    uncheck
    it (Vista will gripe). Now you can navigate to the actual location,
    which is
    twofold: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Window s\Cookies
    and
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Window s\Cookies\Low.

    >Would like to see what I have, and probably dump a lot of them.

    FF 3.0.3 Tools / Options / Privacy / Show Cookies / button Remove All
    Cookies

    Or Tools / Clear Private Data, select what to clear.

    >Thanks,
    >Bob

    Me

    why?, Nov 11, 2008