    have to manually delete unwanted cookies, I have desired cookies I want to
    keep, ie. "My Homepage" ,My Yahoo, and a few others I don't want to have to
    sign in everytime...thanks
    rwrede, Mar 24, 2005

  2. rwrede

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:25:02 -0800, in message
    <hXt0e.1788$>, rwrede wrote:

    > New user here...I am wondering where firefox stores it's cookies?

    All in a single file "cookies.txt", one cookie per line.
    You will find the file "cookies.txt" in your Firefox profile folder.
    See...

    • "Where are my bookmarks, passwords and other personal information saved?"
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#profiles

    • "Locate your profile folder"
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    > I found
    > the Cache, but can't find the cookie folder/files, neither can my spyware
    > programs. (Spybot S&D, AdAware, etc...) I'm worried because the spyware
    > programs can't find the Cache, Cookies at all from Firefox.I don't want to
    > have to manually delete unwanted cookies, I have desired cookies I want to
    > keep, ie. "My Homepage" ,My Yahoo, and a few others I don't want to have to
    > sign in everytime...thanks

    Then save yourself a lot of work by doing this:

    1. Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies
    2. Set the default to keep cookies only until you close Firefox.
    3. Click the "Exceptions" button, add your desired cookie sites,
    and set each one's the status to "Allow" (not "Allow for Session"
    and not "Block").

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph