Cookies and Privacy settings

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by James Doyle, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. James Doyle

    James Doyle Guest

    Hi,

    I am completly confused about a problem that has recently occured with IE6
    on my windows XP machine. When browsing some web pages are not completley
    screen that read,

    "Action Canceled - Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you
    requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable."

    One such good example is the eBay.co.uk home page where this is occuring
    underneath the search bar.

    I have checked my privacy settings and cookies and have reset them to
    default. I have also set eBay.co.uk as a trusted site, and I have also tried
    this without my firewall running to see if that was the culprit. Nothing
    seems to cure it.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks

    James

    James Doyle, Jan 10, 2004

  2. James Doyle

    Max of Mad Guest

    James Doyle wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am completly confused about a problem that has recently occured with IE6
    > on my windows XP machine. When browsing some web pages are not completley
    > screen that read,
    >
    > "Action Canceled - Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you
    > requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable."
    >
    > One such good example is the eBay.co.uk home page where this is occuring
    > underneath the search bar.
    >
    > I have checked my privacy settings and cookies and have reset them to
    > default. I have also set eBay.co.uk as a trusted site, and I have also tried
    > this without my firewall running to see if that was the culprit. Nothing
    > seems to cure it.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > James

    Do you have an anti-virus program installed? That would be good.

    Try downloading and installing spybot search and destroy.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    and see if anything malicious is going on at that end.

    Max of Mad
    --
    Leave a tone after the message

    Max of Mad, Jan 10, 2004