Cookie settings on Firefox for https

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by graeme@invalid, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. D.M. wrote:
    > I am looking for a way to enable normal use of my online banking using
    > Firefox.
    > When I log in, I can't view my transactions because it says I'm not
    > logged in and the setting are set to not accept cookies. I have checked
    > the settings and they appear to be normal. I have no problem w/I.E.
    > What will I need to do in order to rectify this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Select Tools\Options\Privacy\click on the + next to Cookies then select:
    Allow sites to set cookies, also select: Keep cookies until they expire.

    I use Internet Banking nearly every week and have never had a problem.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

    D.M., Nov 21, 2004

  3. graeme@invalid

    Posco Guest

    D.M. wrote:
    > I am looking for a way to enable normal use of my online banking using
    > Firefox.
    > When I log in, I can't view my transactions because it says I'm not
    > logged in and the setting are set to not accept cookies. I have checked
    > the settings and they appear to be normal. I have no problem w/I.E.
    > What will I need to do in order to rectify this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Could be your firewall. I had the same problem when I reinstalled
    everything last month. I found my firewall, Kerio, was set to block all
    cookies. Changed the settings and everything is fine.

    Posco
    Posco, Nov 21, 2004
  4. graeme@invalid

    D.M. Guest

    graeme@invalid wrote:
    > D.M. wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a way to enable normal use of my online banking using
    >> Firefox.
    >> When I log in, I can't view my transactions because it says I'm not
    >> logged in and the setting are set to not accept cookies. I have
    >> checked the settings and they appear to be normal. I have no problem
    >> w/I.E.
    >> What will I need to do in order to rectify this?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Select Tools\Options\Privacy\click on the + next to Cookies then select:
    > Allow sites to set cookies, also select: Keep cookies until they expire.
    >
    > I use Internet Banking nearly every week and have never had a problem.

    That did the trick.

    Many Thanks!
    D.M., Nov 21, 2004
  5. graeme@invalid