    MKLxppWDQgAA
    mail.lycos.com/
    *

    Qintin, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Qintin

    °Mike° Guest

    Cookies only make sense to the originating site.
    If you are worried about security, block cookies.
    I use CookiePal:
    http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:02:40 +0100, in
    <c9i5ru$n4n$>
    Qintin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Qintin

    Trent SC Guest

    > Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my
    IP
    > address in there somewhere?
    >
    > BE

    nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgWvSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
    > MKLxppWDQgAA
    > mail.lycos.com/
    > 0
    > 791930624
    > 29675481
    > 1306318784
    > 29639271
    > *

    Well, your IP address from the post is 62.137.115.19 - can you see it
    anywhere in this cookie?

    Trent SC, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Qintin

    Qintin Guest

    "Trent SC" <> wrote in message
    > > Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my

    > IP
    > > address in there somewhere?
    > >
    > > BE

    nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgWvSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
    > > MKLxppWDQgAA
    > > mail.lycos.com/
    > > 0
    > > 791930624
    > > 29675481
    > > 1306318784
    > > 29639271
    > > *

    > Well, your IP address from the post is 62.137.115.19 - can you see it
    > anywhere in this cookie?

    No, but then this cookie was created at a different time from when I posted
    to this NG. I am using dynamic IP.

    Qintin, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Trent SC wrote:
    >> Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my

    > IP
    >> address in there somewhere?

    >> BE

    > nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgWvSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
    >> MKLxppWDQgAA
    >> mail.lycos.com/
    >> 0
    >> 791930624
    >> 29675481
    >> 1306318784
    >> 29639271
    >> *

    > Well, your IP address from the post is 62.137.115.19 - can you see it
    > anywhere in this cookie?

    1. He could have a dynamic IP address.

    2. It could be encoded.

    Try again?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 1, 2004
  6. Qintin

    Trent SC Guest

    > > > Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is
    my
    > > IP
    > > > address in there somewhere?
    > > >
    > > > BE

    nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgWvSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
    > > > MKLxppWDQgAA
    > > > mail.lycos.com/
    > > > 0
    > > > 791930624
    > > > 29675481
    > > > 1306318784
    > > > 29639271
    > > > *

    > > Well, your IP address from the post is 62.137.115.19 - can you see it
    > > anywhere in this cookie?
    > >

    > No, but then this cookie was created at a different time from when I

    posted
    > to this NG. I am using dynamic IP.

    If your ISP applies dynamic IP assignments, and this is a static cookie,
    then why are you worrying about it?

    Trent SC, Jun 1, 2004
  7. Qintin

    John Guest

    In article <c9i5ru$n4n$>, Qintin
    <> wrote:

    > Can some one please explain what this cookie file actually shows. Is my IP
    > address in there somewhere?
    >
    > BE
    > nVhoWfP8hL8WQ813JmmI9WuHxXJC4ZA4ABIZrDsRbsDmlr0wgWvSNUcTDsiJaktKNljvzXGi8u/D
    > MKLxppWDQgAA
    > mail.lycos.com/
    > 0
    > 791930624
    > 29675481
    > 1306318784
    > 29639271
    > *

    Why would a cookie store the IP?
    Next time it is read, the IP can be seen plainly.

    But cookie contents are not set by standard, but by the programmer who
    created the cookie's function. It could be anything, from registration
    for a user to 'shopping cart' settings and contents to pages or items
    you recently checked on.

    You decide only if the cookie is to be used and if it is to be deleted
    -- the contents and the way it is used is always hidden from you,
    determined by the site's program.

    John, Jun 2, 2004