    the Internet. By giving us the opinions
    of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch
    with the ignorance of the community."
    Bob, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Bob wrote:
    > I have tried WinAvi and TotalVideoConverter and the resulting XviD AVI
    > is blurred.
    >
    > I am forced to use XviD so that is not an option.
    >
    > Any recommendations?

    Assuming the WMV is not encrypted, River Past Video Cleaner ought to be
    able to do it.
    Nicholas Andrade, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Bob

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    >I have tried WinAvi and TotalVideoConverter and the resulting XviD AVI
    > is blurred.
    >
    > I am forced to use XviD so that is not an option.
    >
    > Any recommendations?

    You have to deal with the capability of the Codec no matter what
    encoding program you use, they will all be using that codec to
    create your XviD. That said, I never noticed any blurring when
    I encoded to XviD using VDubMod, Super c, TMPGEnc (2.5 or
    3.0).

    You might try a different build of the Xvid codec.

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Jun 2, 2006
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:11:40 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    <> wrote:

    >You have to deal with the capability of the Codec no matter what
    >encoding program you use, they will all be using that codec to
    >create your XviD.

    The original is clear when I play it. There is something in those two
    programs that is blurring it. I have had no problems converting MPEG2s
    to XviD using them.

    I suspect that they are not setup properly to deal with decoding WMV.

    >That said, I never noticed any blurring when
    >I encoded to XviD using VDubMod, Super c, TMPGEnc (2.5 or
    >3.0).

    I am looking for a 1-click solution. Unfortunately AGK does not input
    WMV.

    > You might try a different build of the Xvid codec.

    I have the latest that came with AGK.

    XviD-1.1.0-30122005 _Final Release_

    --

    "There is much to be said in favor of
    Bob, Jun 3, 2006
  5. Bob

    RS Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:11:40 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>You have to deal with the capability of the Codec no matter what
    >>encoding program you use, they will all be using that codec to
    >>create your XviD.

    > The original is clear when I play it. There is something in those two
    > programs that is blurring it. I have had no problems converting MPEG2s
    > to XviD using them.
    >
    > I suspect that they are not setup properly to deal with decoding WMV.
    >

    >>That said, I never noticed any blurring when
    >>I encoded to XviD using VDubMod, Super c, TMPGEnc (2.5 or
    >>3.0).

    > I am looking for a 1-click solution. Unfortunately AGK does not input
    > WMV.
    >

    >>You might try a different build of the Xvid codec.

    > I have the latest that came with AGK.
    >
    > XviD-1.1.0-30122005 _Final Release_

    Are you expanding a smaller, say 320x240 video to a larger, say 720x480
    size by any chance?
    RS, Jun 5, 2006
  6. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:37:19 -0500, RS <> wrote:

    >Are you expanding a smaller, say 320x240 video to a larger, say 720x480
    >size by any chance?

    I did not do any analysis. WinAvi and TotalVideoConverter have very
    limited capabilities.

    That's why I wanted a single-click solution designed to convert WMVs.

    Bob, Jun 6, 2006