    to DVD?

    Best regards

    Ben

    Ben Blackmore, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Ben Blackmore

    Chas. Jones Guest

    Fist thing. What standard are your Cam tapes, Hi8, Div, etc.
    We also need to know what output your camera has. Make and model number?

    Does it have analogue output (in what format Pal or Ntsc as a matter of
    interest) via Composite, Svid or USB for instance.

    "Ben Blackmore" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to convert some old home videos to dvd, and I'm not to sure how. As
    > they are mostly still on the little camcorder tapes, I guess I need to
    > connect the camcoder to a graphics card with TV in. Trouble is, although I
    > know a bit about graphics cards, I don't know much about video cards with

    TV
    > out! What am I looking for? What do I need to be able to transfer my

    videos

    Chas. Jones, Jan 4, 2004

  3. "Ben Blackmore" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to convert some old home videos to dvd, and I'm not to sure how. As
    > they are mostly still on the little camcorder tapes, I guess I need to
    > connect the camcoder to a graphics card with TV in. Trouble is, although I
    > know a bit about graphics cards, I don't know much about video cards with

    TV
    > out! What am I looking for? What do I need to be able to transfer my

    videos
    > to DVD?
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Ben

    Hi Ben,

    This is what you need:
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1426&Langue_ID=7

    Colon Terminus, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Ben Blackmore

    Grady Guest

    "Colon Terminus" <> wrote in message

    > "Ben Blackmore" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I want to convert some old home videos to dvd, and I'm not to sure how.

    As
    > > they are mostly still on the little camcorder tapes, I guess I need to
    > > connect the camcoder to a graphics card with TV in. Trouble is, although

    > > know a bit about graphics cards, I don't know much about video cards

    with
    > TV
    > > out! What am I looking for? What do I need to be able to transfer my

    > videos
    > > to DVD?
    > >
    > > Best regards
    > >
    > > Ben
    > >

    > Hi Ben,
    >
    > This is what you need:
    > http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1426&Langue_ID=7

    What file format is used on DVD's? I followed your link and saw how
    Dazzel's capable of saving files as AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, RealVideo, or
    Windows Media Format.
    Thanks

    Grady, Jan 4, 2004
  5. Ben Blackmore

    Nonymous Guest

    Try http://www.doom9.org/. It has all the info you'd need to know.

    Nonymous, Jan 4, 2004
  6. Ben Blackmore

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:10:26 -0000, "Ben Blackmore"
    <> Gave us:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I want to convert some old home videos to dvd, and I'm not to sure how. As
    >they are mostly still on the little camcorder tapes, I guess I need to
    >connect the camcoder to a graphics card with TV in. Trouble is, although I
    >know a bit about graphics cards, I don't know much about video cards with TV
    >out! What am I looking for? What do I need to be able to transfer my videos
    >to DVD?

    Wrong group. No regards.

    DarkMatter, Jan 4, 2004
  7. I'll check, I'm not too sure as I'm looking this up for my mother! She is
    trying to convert a load of old video's of our family to DVD before the
    tapes degrade! It'll be Pal I think as we're in the UK, and its a sony
    camcorder, about 10-15 years old. I'll double check on all the info.

    Cheers for the help

    Ben

    Ben Blackmore, Jan 5, 2004
  8. That looks cool! Just what I'm looking for!
    Thanks for the info
    Ben

    Ben Blackmore, Jan 5, 2004
  9. > Wrong group. No regards.

    Maybe for you, everyone else seems quite helpful though!

    Ben Blackmore, Jan 5, 2004
  10. Ben Blackmore

    Justin Guest

    Ben Blackmore wrote on [Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:11:35 -0000]:
    >> Wrong group. No regards.

    > Maybe for you, everyone else seems quite helpful though!

    So, howcome you top posted your other replies?

    Justin, Jan 5, 2004
  11. Ben Blackmore

    Vic Guest

    > I'll check, I'm not too sure as I'm looking this up for my mother! She is
    > trying to convert a load of old video's of our family to DVD before the
    > tapes degrade! It'll be Pal I think as we're in the UK, and its a sony
    > camcorder, about 10-15 years old. I'll double check on all the info.

    Ben, I'm certain the VHS tapes will last longer than the DVD copies judging
    by the longevity of CD back-ups I've made which are now unreadable! There's
    no reason to believe that DVD's will be any more reliable.........

    Vic, Jan 6, 2004
  12. Ben Blackmore

    Java Jive Guest

    I've got CDs made in 1995 or thereabouts still working with no discernible
    (visible or audible) sign of deterioration.

    And when tape goes, it can go very suddenly, either through a break, or the
    oxide turning to dust ...

    I'd say copy them to DVD but keep the video originals as well. Don't let
    tape get too hot, too cold, or too damp.

    Java Jive, Jan 10, 2004