    before transferring to the phone.

    Cheers

    John

    John, Jan 6, 2006

  2. John

    Chet Guest

    MIDI (musical instrument device interface) is a format that controls the
    sounds of individual instruments from a systhesizer. It is not a recording
    of the sound but a language to control devices that create sound. A MIDI
    file can contain several "tracks" representing the different instruments in
    the combo. Though there have been attempts to create MIDI files from WAV,
    MP3 or similar files, they have usually been unsatisfactory.

    I suggest you do a google search for a source of a MIDI file of the music
    you are trying to use.

    Chet, Jan 6, 2006

  3. John

    slickz Guest

    There is some software out there that will convert polyphonic recorded
    music to midi score with a fairly good hit rate these days ie 80% but
    software like this has been designed to be used in complement to a
    trained musical ear. Furthermore programs of such nature are made to
    take some of the hairyness out of notating large scores of music and to
    be honest if you are of the level to use these programs well, you will
    probably be better off just composing your tones from scratch or from
    ear. But from memory doesn't the N70 support truetones and mp3 tones
    straight out of the box? Why convert to midi at all when you can just
    use the mp3s?

    Just make sure you download a copy of the new nokia pc suite as this
    will make your life a whole lot easier.

    PC suite also has a midi tone composer/converter that you can wrestle
    with as well. This is very handy when you download midi files from the
    net as there are a few midi standards out there and of course nokia
    doesn't support most of them. Furthermore I dont "THINK" the nokia
    synth supports all of the instruments in the First General Midi
    specification nor will it support as many voices as you standard pc
    sound card synth.

    Good luck.

    slickz

    slickz, Jan 6, 2006