    I have a trailer in *.mov format that I'd like to copy onto a DVD blank so I
    can play it in my DVD player.

    This can't be too hard, can it..................?
    ng_reader, Jan 14, 2005

  2. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    Scratch that, reverse it. Of course I meant *.qt format. The **QuickTime**
    format popularized by Apple. NOT the movie *.mov format, which I think is
    more aligned with Microsoft.
    Sorry.

    ng_reader, Jan 14, 2005

  3. ng_reader

    Tarkus Guest

    On 1/14/2005 3:56:00 PM, ng_reader wrote:

    > Scratch that, reverse it. Of course I meant *.qt format. The
    > **QuickTime** format popularized by Apple. NOT the movie *.mov format,
    > which I think is more aligned with Microsoft.

    Actually, both extensions apply to QuickTime movies, though *.qt is
    rarely used in my experience.

    Take a look at this site:
    http://www.videohelp.com/convert
    --
    "I'm dying, how are you?"

    Now playing: "Pink Floyd - Arnold Layne (Fake Stereo)"
    Tarkus, Jan 15, 2005
  4. ng_reader wrote:
    > I googled (is that a word yet?) to see if this had been asked, and it was,
    > like 6 years ago.
    >
    > I have a trailer in *.mov format that I'd like to copy onto a DVD blank so I
    > can play it in my DVD player.
    >
    > This can't be too hard, can it..................?

    Although I have never done it, I presume River Past Video Cleaner (not
    free) can get it to a DVD playable format (namely MPEG2, although you
    may need to adjust some settings). I know the program works for .mov
    files, so I presume .qt make work. On a side note, if you have a Mac,
    this tool (free) may work as well:
    http://www.omino.com/~poly/software/qt_tools/ It is a command line
    program, and I know it can convert to qt, not sure if it goes both ways.
    Nicholas Andrade, Jan 15, 2005
  5. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    "Nicholas Andrade" <> wrote in message
    > ng_reader wrote:
    > > I googled (is that a word yet?) to see if this had been asked, and it

    was,
    > > like 6 years ago.
    > >
    > > I have a trailer in *.mov format that I'd like to copy onto a DVD blank

    so I
    > > can play it in my DVD player.
    > >
    > > This can't be too hard, can it..................?
    > >

    > Although I have never done it, I presume River Past Video Cleaner (not
    > free) can get it to a DVD playable format (namely MPEG2, although you
    > may need to adjust some settings). I know the program works for .mov
    > files, so I presume .qt make work. On a side note, if you have a Mac,
    > this tool (free) may work as well:
    > http://www.omino.com/~poly/software/qt_tools/ It is a command line
    > program, and I know it can convert to qt, not sure if it goes both ways.

    Wow, 6 years later and pretty much the same answers... !!

    Nope, all PC here. Apple's better sure, but what about all my bootlegged
    software?

    I think the trailer is now off the Internet, perhaps I can convert an *.avi
    file easier (if it's still there).

    Thanks for both responses.....!
    ng_reader, Jan 15, 2005
  6. ng_reader

    unclejr Guest

    ng_reader wrote:
    > Wow, 6 years later and pretty much the same answers... !!

    Send me the file on CD-R and I'll convert it to SVCD (MPEG-2) for you
    for free. If you are talking about the Star Wars Episode III trailer,
    I've already done this one, and you can save your postage.
    -Junior

    unclejrusenet(at)yahoo(dot)com
    unclejr, Jan 15, 2005
  7. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    > ng_reader wrote:
    > > Wow, 6 years later and pretty much the same answers... !!

    > Send me the file on CD-R and I'll convert it to SVCD (MPEG-2) for you
    > for free. If you are talking about the Star Wars Episode III trailer,
    > I've already done this one, and you can save your postage.
    > -Junior
    >
    > unclejrusenet(at)yahoo(dot)com

    Thanks for the offer. Sounds like a case for bear-share.
    ng_reader, Jan 15, 2005
  8. ng_reader wrote:
    > Scratch that, reverse it. Of course I meant *.qt format. The **QuickTime**
    > format popularized by Apple. NOT the movie *.mov format, which I think is
    > more aligned with Microsoft.

    No, that's .wmv--
    ..mov IS .qt, meaning Apple, meaning iMovie and iDVD if you ARE using an
    iMac, which we assume is the reason you're asking in the first place.

    (And if it isn't, buy one anyway; the cheap models just started coming
    out.) :)

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Jan 15, 2005
  9. ng_reader

    Biz Guest

    Pretty simple, its called quicktime pro....I beleive you can convert them
    with tmpegenc with the right plug-in(s)

    Biz, Jan 15, 2005
  10. ng_reader

    Matt Ferrari Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > Pretty simple, its called quicktime pro....I beleive you can convert them
    > with tmpegenc with the right plug-in(s)

    yep, quicktime pro will export to avi, then u should be able to burn that
    onto dvd

    there are at least four different guides on mov to dvd
    at the below url, Ive done the mov to mpg with tmpgenc and it works with mov
    but if i remember the older ones woulndnt work
    check it out

    http://www.videohelp.com/convert
    Matt Ferrari, Jan 15, 2005
  11. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    "Matt Ferrari" <> wrote in message

    > "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > > Pretty simple, its called quicktime pro....I beleive you can convert

    them
    > > with tmpegenc with the right plug-in(s)
    > >

    > yep, quicktime pro will export to avi, then u should be able to burn that
    > onto dvd
    >
    > there are at least four different guides on mov to dvd
    > at the below url, Ive done the mov to mpg with tmpgenc and it works with

    mov
    > but if i remember the older ones woulndnt work
    > check it out
    >
    > http://www.videohelp.com/convert

    Thanks for the help and all. I've been to the website, it looks tremendously
    helpful. Perhaps a bit too helpful, what with all the choices and all.

    However, I really can't see justifying an expense (and it looks that way) to
    transfer one file to an existing, burned, DVD+RW. I really don't want
    QuickTime Pro (I'm a PC user) and I really don't want to *buy* a 3rd party
    conversion tool, either.

    It's just a little maddening in that all these PCs that come with DVD
    players, however it's a bee-otch if for some reason your OEM version of the
    DVD Player software is corrupt somehow. Like mine was.

    I wish we could all go back to command line interface.....
    ng_reader, Jan 15, 2005
  12. ng_reader

    P Pron Guest

    ng_reader wrote:
    > I googled (is that a word yet?) to see if this had been asked, and it
    > was, like 6 years ago.
    >
    > I have a trailer in *.mov format that I'd like to copy onto a DVD
    > blank so I can play it in my DVD player.
    >
    > This can't be too hard, can it..................?

    DVDSanta claims to be able to do it - although I've seen reports of problems
    with audio sync....

    paul
    P Pron, Jan 15, 2005
  13. ng_reader wrote:
    > "Matt Ferrari" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>"Biz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Pretty simple, its called quicktime pro....I beleive you can convert

    > them
    >
    >>>with tmpegenc with the right plug-in(s)
    >>>

    >>yep, quicktime pro will export to avi, then u should be able to burn that
    >>onto dvd
    >>
    >>there are at least four different guides on mov to dvd
    >>at the below url, Ive done the mov to mpg with tmpgenc and it works with

    > mov
    >
    >>but if i remember the older ones woulndnt work
    >>check it out
    >>
    >>http://www.videohelp.com/convert
    >>

    > Thanks for the help and all. I've been to the website, it looks tremendously
    > helpful. Perhaps a bit too helpful, what with all the choices and all.
    >
    > However, I really can't see justifying an expense (and it looks that way) to
    > transfer one file to an existing, burned, DVD+RW. I really don't want
    > QuickTime Pro (I'm a PC user) and I really don't want to *buy* a 3rd party
    > conversion tool, either.
    >
    > It's just a little maddening in that all these PCs that come with DVD
    > players, however it's a bee-otch if for some reason your OEM version of the
    > DVD Player software is corrupt somehow. Like mine was.
    >
    > I wish we could all go back to command line interface.....

    I got one word for you: Linux.
    Nicholas Andrade, Jan 15, 2005
  14. ng_reader

    Omarichu Guest

    >Nope, all PC here. Apple's better sure, but what about all my bootlegged
    >software?

    This has been forwarded to the FBI.
    Omarichu, Feb 6, 2005
  15. ng_reader

    Tarkus Guest

    On 2/6/2005 11:42:31 AM, Omarichu wrote:

    >> Nope, all PC here. Apple's better sure, but what about all my
    >> bootlegged software?

    > This has been forwarded to the FBI.

    That's an odd name for your trash bin.
    --
    Newspaper editor: "We're looking for a new food critic,
    someone who doesn't immediately pooh-pooh everything he eats."

    Now playing: "Grand Funk Railroad - Mean Mistreater (Alternate Mix)"
    Tarkus, Feb 6, 2005