    Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

    Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?

    Julie

    Julie P., Dec 20, 2005

  2. Julie P.

    Trax Guest

    "Julie P." <> wrote:

    |>I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p file
    |>from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files though.
    |>I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I opened
    |>Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a file to
    |>sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
    |>
    |>I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
    |>
    |>Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    |>
    |>Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?

    Copy and pasted as I don't think you can read the replies
    http://tinyurl.com/8back

    Title: HOw can i convert an m4p file to mp3
    "hey guys have anyone know how to convert an m4p file ( itones ) to
    an mp3 i dont care if i most pay for this program but i needed plz
    help !!!"

    Accepted Answer from rsdn
    Date: 01/17/2005 07:14AM PST
    Grade: A
    Accepted Answer

    Hi:

    iTunes provides AAC-compressed MPEG-4 files. The only way to convert
    them
    to quality MP3 files is to use iTunes to burn them to a CD-R/CD-RW,
    then rip/encode them as you would any other CD. You would probably do
    this
    anyway, since it gives you a backup of the downloaded files that you
    put
    away and/or play somewhere that you don't have iTunes available.

    Try also this Converter:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com

    rsdn

    Assisted Answer from crissand
    Date: 01/17/2005 09:30AM PST
    Grade: A
    Assisted Answer

    Usually dbPowerAmp can do it.

    www.dbpoweramp.com for program and

    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm for m4p codec.

    DBPowerAmp must be installed before the codec.

    Assisted Answer from SheharyaarSaahil
    Date: 01/17/2005 07:40PM PST
    Grade: A
    Assisted Answer

    some more tips, only if you need! :)

    iTunes: how to convert mp4 to mp3?
    http://p197.ezboard.com/fmacnightow...leshootingforum.showMessage?topicID=575.topic

    Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4409

    Assisted Answer from selectlee
    Date: 01/18/2005 01:40AM PST
    Grade: A
    Assisted Answer

    It is easy to convert .m4p to mp3.
    M4P format is "protected AAC". It is a format of purchased music that
    can be listened to only through the iTunes softer or an iPod.

    You can Download the m4p to mp3 converter from
    http://www.topvideopro.com/mp4-m4a-converter/m4p-mp4-m4a-mp3-wav-wma-converter.htm
    If .m4p file is protected, you maybe need HYMN (
    http://hymn-project.org/ )to decrypt first.

    Comment from selectlee
    Date: 01/21/2005 10:20PM PST
    Comment

    Here are the steps.
    1. Download HYMN from http://hymn-project.org/ and install it to
    c:\hymn
    2. Create the directory c:\hymn\music\
    3. Open iTunes and drag your playlist or files to c:\hymn\music
    4. At a command prompt (open a MS dos command prompt window
    start>>accessories>>command prompt ) go to c:\hymn\ and type:
    hymn c:\hymn\music\*.m4p
    This will convert .m4p files to .m4a files.
    5. Download xilisoft audio converter from
    http://www.topvideopro.com/mp4-m4a-converter/m4p-mp4-m4a-mp3-wav-wma-converter.htm
    and convert .m4a files to MP3.

    Comment from turn123
    Date: 01/28/2005 03:28AM PST
    Comment

    Hi MadEmpeRor :),
    Since we haven't heard from you for a couple of days could you please
    give us an update on the status of this question?
    See: http://www.experts-exchange.com/help.jsp#hi51 Thank you,
    turn123's friendly update request script.
    Offtopic comments about this script to
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/Q_21188389.html please
    :).

    Administrative Comment from turn123
    Date: 02/21/2005 03:44AM PST
    Administrative Comment

    Hello,

    After 21 days with no comments this question has been classified as
    abandoned. I will make a recommendation to the moderators on its
    resolution in the next few days.

    EXPERTS: Please make a recommendation on how you feel the question
    should be closed. If you feel you deserve points here, but don't care
    to respond, the question might very well get DELETED.

    ASKER: Please return and finalize this question. Abandoning a
    question is in violation of the member agreement. If no response, my
    recommendation will very likely be NO REFUND. If you do not know how
    to close the question, the options are here:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/help.jsp#hs5

    Thank you,

    Turn123
    EE Cleanup Volunteer

    Comment from selectlee
    Date: 02/22/2005 06:22AM PST
    Comment

    This question about "m4p to mp3" is very userful to many people who
    download music from iTunes. I think my comments can solve this
    question perfectly.

    So I suggest the question should NOT be deleted.

    Thanks.

    Administrative Comment from turn123
    Date: 02/25/2005 04:02AM PST
    Administrative Comment

    I will leave the following recommendation for this question in the
    Cleanup topic area:
    Split: rsdn {http:#13063872} & crissand {http:#13065095} &
    SheharyaarSaahil {http:#13069309} & selectlee {http:#13070511}

    Any objections should be posted here in the next 4 days. After that
    time, the question will be closed.

    Turn123
    EE Cleanup Volunteer

    Administrative Comment from PAQ_Man
    Date: 03/01/2005 07:12PM PST
    Administrative Comment

    Forced accept.

    PAQ_Man
    Community Support Moderator

    --
    http://www.chappelletheory.com/index.html

    Trax, Dec 20, 2005

  3. Julie P.

    FML Guest

    Julie P. wrote:
    > I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p file
    > from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files though.
    > I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I opened
    > Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a file to
    > sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
    >
    > I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    >
    > Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?
    >
    > Julie

    I don't think you are going to be able to do it directly. iTunes files
    are copy protected (DRM). You will need to burn the file(s) to an Audio
    CD and then rip them to MP3.

    FML, Dec 20, 2005
  4. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "FML" <> wrote in message

    > I don't think you are going to be able to do it directly. iTunes files are
    > copy protected (DRM). You will need to burn the file(s) to an Audio CD and
    > then rip them to MP3.

    Thanks. I am just going to return the SanDisk MP3 player and buy an IPOD
    Shuffle tomorrow. I think you can directly go from your hard drive to Ipod
    if you order via Itunes.

    Julie

    Julie P., Dec 20, 2005
  5. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > "Julie P." <> wrote:
    >
    > |>I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p
    > file
    > |>from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files
    > though.
    > |>I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I
    > opened
    > |>Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a
    > file to
    > |>sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
    > |>
    > |>I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
    > |>
    > |>Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    > |>
    > |>Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?
    >
    > Copy and pasted as I don't think you can read the replies
    > http://tinyurl.com/8back

    Thanks for that info. this seems like a pain though. :) I just wish they
    made it easy to copy a downloaded file to MP3 player without having to do
    all of that.

    Julie

    Julie P., Dec 20, 2005
  6. Julie P.

    FML Guest

    Julie P. wrote:
    > "FML" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>I don't think you are going to be able to do it directly. iTunes files are
    >>copy protected (DRM). You will need to burn the file(s) to an Audio CD and
    >>then rip them to MP3.

    > Thanks. I am just going to return the SanDisk MP3 player and buy an IPOD
    > Shuffle tomorrow. I think you can directly go from your hard drive to Ipod
    > if you order via Itunes.
    >
    > Julie

    Yes you can. Unless there are budget constraints, I would recommend the
    Nano over the Shuffle. The lack of a screen and the ability to control
    how your music plays is a drawback IMHO.

    FML, Dec 20, 2005
  7. Julie P.

    Mitch Guest

    In article <1JMpf.4210$u36.3017@trndny01>, Julie P.
    <> wrote:

    > "Trax" <> wrote in message

    > > file
    > > though.
    > > opened
    > > file to

    > > Copy and pasted as I don't think you can read the replies
    > > http://tinyurl.com/8back
    > >

    > Thanks for that info. this seems like a pain though. :) I just wish they
    > made it easy to copy a downloaded file to MP3 player without having to do
    > all of that.

    It is a bit of a limitation.
    The copyright on music makes some kind of limitation common to most
    music legally purchased online. At least with iTunes you can make legal
    duplicates onto CD (up to five writes?) and share with the player.
    Other systems won't let you share with any other devices, with only
    limited devices, or only through their own player software. And with
    most I don't think you can burn to disc.

    Mitch, Dec 20, 2005
  8. Julie P.

    old jon Guest

    http://www.gates-of-hell.com/web/Pages/Tutorials/m4p to mp3.aspx

    old jon, Dec 20, 2005
  9. Julie P.

    ross Guest

    On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 03:22:33 GMT, "Julie P." <>
    wrote:

    >I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p file
    >from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files though.
    >I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I opened
    >Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a file to
    >sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
    >
    >I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
    >
    >Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    >
    >Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?
    >
    >Julie

    Have a look at
    Easy CD-DA Extractor.
    Not free but easy as pie to use

    ross

    ross, Dec 20, 2005
  10. Julie P.

    anthonyberet Guest

    http://www.gold-software.com/download9053.html

    anthonyberet, Dec 21, 2005
  11. Julie P.

    siempre

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    converting m4p to mp3

    To convert m4p to mp3 you can use TuneRaft media convertor:
    tuneraft.com
    It converts both protected and unprotected audio/video files and is very easy to use.

    siempre, Mar 24, 2010