    in pdf it is not possible.

    I would appreciate any advice.

    , Jun 20, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > I got some notes which are scanned as images and distributed in pdf
    > format. Is there a method to convert the images in pdf format to word
    > files. I would like to edit the notes but now when they are as images
    > in pdf it is not possible.
    >
    > I would appreciate any advice.

    If you have OCR software, like Omnipage or similar, that can open PDF
    documents, it can convert scanned images of text into real text. If not,
    you're gonna have to retype it...

    --
    I have CDO. It's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, only in
    alphabetical order, just like it should be.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 20, 2006

  3. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-20, <> wrote:
    > I got some notes which are scanned as images and distributed in pdf
    > format. Is there a method to convert the images in pdf format to word
    > files. I would like to edit the notes but now when they are as images
    > in pdf it is not possible.
    >
    > I would appreciate any advice.

    Try this web search
    <http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=edit pdf&sourceid=opera
    &ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8> or <http://makeashorterlink.com/?B24052E4D>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 20, 2006
  4. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I got some notes which are scanned as images and distributed in pdf
    > format. Is there a method to convert the images in pdf format to word
    > files. I would like to edit the notes but now when they are as images
    > in pdf it is not possible.
    >
    > I would appreciate any advice.

    The scanned images would have to be printed out.
    If they were good enough quality, they could then be
    put through OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software,
    in a scanner, then sent to a word processor program.

    beenthere, Jun 20, 2006
  5. Bucky Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:36:22 +0100, Whiskers
    <> wrote:

    >On 2006-06-20, <> wrote:
    >> I got some notes which are scanned as images and distributed in pdf
    >> format. Is there a method to convert the images in pdf format to word
    >> files. I would like to edit the notes but now when they are as images
    >> in pdf it is not possible.
    >>
    >> I would appreciate any advice.

    >Try this web search
    ><http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=edit pdf&sourceid=opera
    >&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8> or <http://makeashorterlink.com/?B24052E4D>.

    Ot just type pdf to html into google

    Bucky, Jun 20, 2006
  6. pcbutts1 Guest

    That will not work. When the scanner scans it it first saves it in an image
    format then converts it to PDF. Adobe see's this as an image that's been
    converted so no matter how you tell it to convert it back it will still be
    an image, i.e. an image inserted into word or an html page. OCR will still
    not read it as text, at least Textbridge won't.

    pcbutts1, Jun 21, 2006
  7. FML Guest

    http://www.investintech.com/prod_a2d.htm

    FML, Jun 21, 2006
  8. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:eek:,
    pcbutts1 spewed forth:
    > That will not work. When the scanner scans it it first saves it in an
    > image format then converts it to PDF. Adobe see's this as an image
    > that's been converted so no matter how you tell it to convert it back
    > it will still be an image, i.e. an image inserted into word or an
    > html page. OCR will still not read it as text, at least Textbridge
    > won't.

    The latest version of Omnipage reads/writes PDF, or so it says. I've not
    tested it myself, I only read what I saw on a friend's computer. Maybe
    someday I'll drop back by and see how it performs.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 21, 2006
  9. beenthere Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > That will not work. When the scanner scans it it first saves it in an
    > image format then converts it to PDF. Adobe see's this as an image that's
    > been converted so no matter how you tell it to convert it back it will
    > still be an image, i.e. an image inserted into word or an html page. OCR
    > will still not read it as text, at least Textbridge won't.
    >

    >> <> wrote in message
    >>>I got some notes which are scanned as images and distributed in pdf
    >>> format. Is there a method to convert the images in pdf format to word
    >>> files. I would like to edit the notes but now when they are as images
    >>> in pdf it is not possible.
    >>>
    >>> I would appreciate any advice.
    >>>

    >> The scanned images would have to be printed out.
    >> If they were good enough quality, they could then be
    >> put through OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software,
    >> in a scanner, then sent to a word processor program.

    My epson scanner, will scan a sheet of paper with Text on,
    and If scanned in OCR will capture the text, and allow you to
    send it to whatever program you want.
    The image the OP has, is of a `piece of paper` with Text on.
    I agree the program that produced it was PDF.
    --
    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Jun 21, 2006
  10. Jan Ras Guest

    "FML" <> schreef in bericht
    > wrote:
    > > I got some notes which are scanned as images and distributed in pdf
    > > format. Is there a method to convert the images in pdf format to word
    > > files. I would like to edit the notes but now when they are as images
    > > in pdf it is not possible.
    > >
    > > I would appreciate any advice.
    > >

    > http://www.investintech.com/prod_a2d.htm

    Hi,
    I haven't ever tried it but could you not print the pages and re-scan them
    using OCR, the scanner won't know the difference.
    give it a try.
    Jan

    Jan Ras, Jun 26, 2006
  11. Ragz Guest

    photoshop will do it, open the file in photoshop then goto file\save as ,
    then click the format type tab (under the file name) and save as a pdf image

    Ragz, Jun 26, 2006
  12. Fred37 Guest

    On 19 Jun 2006 19:05:47 -0700, wrote:

    >I got some notes which are scanned as images and distributed in pdf
    >format. Is there a method to convert the images in pdf format to word
    >files. I would like to edit the notes but now when they are as images
    >in pdf it is not possible.
    >
    >I would appreciate any advice.

    My Pagis will OCR any image and convert to text. It even extracted
    some text from a smudged area that I could not read.
    Fred37

    Fred37, Jun 26, 2006