    Money is no object! Mom has deep pockets. When she runs out, Dad take
    over.

    TIA

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 26, 2007

  2. Rock Gibbons

    thanatoid Guest

    Rock Gibbons <> wrote in
    news::

    > I need a program that will take video from my VCR tapes and
    > convert them to an AVI, MPEG, MPG file on my computer.

    You need hardware more than "a program" although you will need
    that too.

    > Then I can upload the clip to youtube, or to
    > http://www.mypeopletv.com

    We can't wait. The new "Speaker's Corner" (look it up).

    > Any suggestions for excellent software that can do that?

    There is no "excellent" software for that. There is lousy and
    passable. Look around in video groups instead of this - a VERY
    general - one. Also, ever heard of search engines?

    > Money is no object! Mom has deep pockets. When she runs
    > out, Dad take over.

    Well, isn't that special. Pro gear to do it right will cost you
    upwards of 20 grand.

    thanatoid, Mar 26, 2007

  3. Rock Gibbons

    x@y Guest

    "Rock Gibbons" <> wrote in message

    >I need a program that will take video from my VCR tapes and convert
    > them to an AVI, MPEG, MPG file on my computer.
    >
    > Then I can upload the clip to youtube, or to http://www.mypeopletv.com
    >
    > Any suggestions for excellent software that can do that?
    >
    > Money is no object! Mom has deep pockets. When she runs out, Dad take
    > over.
    >
    > TIA

    Not involved with converting VHS Videos to MPEG Files,
    cannot advice from experiences.
    "Wish I had same Parents"

    Try here for more Info: http://tinyurl.com/36vrp8
    Good Luck, x@y

    x@y, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Rock Gibbons

    Rosanna Guest

    >I need a program that will take video from my VCR tapes and convert
    > them to an AVI, MPEG, MPG file on my computer.
    >
    > Then I can upload the clip to youtube, or to http://www.mypeopletv.com
    >
    > Any suggestions for excellent software that can do that?
    >
    > Money is no object! Mom has deep pockets. When she runs out, Dad take
    > over.
    >
    > TIA

    You require a capture card or an external capture hub.
    <http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/Dazzle+Video+Archiving/Dazzle+Video+Creator+Platinum.htm>
    This is just one example of many types of capture devices, it connects to
    USB
    and VCR connects to device. These devices will be bundled with capture
    software.

    Alternatively, invest in a budget DV-camcorder.
    The advantage being not only do you have a digital camcorder
    but a process known as "pass thru" can be performed.
    When capturing analog audio/video such as from a VCR,
    the audio and video are captured seperately - from line and S-video
    and then converted "on-the-fly", this is CPU and memory intensive
    and very demanding of PC. Audio is relatively easy to capture but
    with analog video capture, an issue with "frame drop" can result
    in audio/video sync issues - the audio is out of sync with video.
    So it would be best to opt for an external device that has it's own
    on-board convertors, or "pass-thru" via a DV-cam.
    "Pass-Thru" is where you connect VCR to DV camcorder via line/S-video
    the DV cam is connected to PC via firewire, the DV cam performs the
    conversion and delivers (pass-thru) a neatly packaged digital stream
    to the PC. Added advantage being all capture software can capture
    a DV stream, XP is bundled with Windows Movie maker and is ideal.

    You should note that if the tapes you will be copying are commercial
    releases, they with be protected by macrovision encryption.
    You will then also require a "macrovision stripper device/stabiliser".
    Type that into google to learn all about macrovision strippers.

    And try here:
    http://www.videohelp.com/

    Rosanna, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Ciao Rosanna,

    Come stai signorina?

    Da dove viene?

    I have wireless home surveillance cameras. I can point one at the TV
    and record to my VCR. Again my problem is getting the image from the
    VCR tape onto my hard drive in a format that I can then load to
    Youtube. or www.mypeopletv.com

    Will one of those mini cameras work?

    Arriverderci

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    What is the easiest way to get rid of the new installation if I decide
    I want to stay with the original one?

    I'm hoping that if I do that, the unable to write errors won't return

    I'm still a few hours from deciding to do that.

    And so the problem grows.

    Rock Gibbons, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Rock Gibbons

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:45:00 -0500, Rock Gibbons <> wrote:

    >What is the easiest way to get rid of the new installation if I decide
    >I want to stay with the original one?

    Uninstall.

    >I'm hoping that if I do that, the unable to write errors won't return

    Alternjativly tur your computer off.

    >I'm still a few hours from deciding to do that.
    >
    >And so the problem grows.

    You may need to learn quoting.

    Barry
    =====