    determine how many files I can fit in on one DVD? Is it by filesize,
    length or some other criteria?

    Thanks!
    Adnan, May 24, 2006

  2. Adnan

    me Guest

    "Adnan" <> wrote in message
    news:JRMcg.1256$%...
    > Hello,
    >
    > When converting Divx video to DVD (using VSO DivxtoDVD 0.52), how do I
    > determine how many files I can fit in on one DVD? Is it by filesize,
    > length or some other criteria?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Well you wont be able to tell exactly until it has been converted because
    each file will be slightly different in size becasue of the variable bit
    rate during the conversion process.

    I am using it right now in fact to make a disc with 11 TV episodes at 20
    mins each. The files are approx 180mb before conversion,but after
    conversion,they come out at anywhere between 440mb - 460mb after
    conversion,even though they have the same running times. I use DVD Shrink to
    make the ISO image,and I can get all 11 on one disc and have it compress by
    only 15%. I can get 9 on it with no compression.

    You can add as many as you want and DVD Shrink will automatically compress
    them down to as much as 50 % of their size. You'll know when you have added
    too many files because the green compression bar at the top will turn
    partially red.

    You can also adjust the file size of each individual file on the disc
    too,instead of just doing it as a whole.

    Only problem with DVD Shrink is,if you are making a home made disc,it dosent
    make menus.
    You can make a disc with some other authouring software,and if it turns out
    to be too big,just open the image in DVD Shrink,then compress it if needs
    be.
    me, May 24, 2006

  3. Adnan

    Adnan Guest

    me wrote:
    > "Adnan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>When converting Divx video to DVD (using VSO DivxtoDVD 0.52), how do I
    >>determine how many files I can fit in on one DVD? Is it by filesize,
    >>length or some other criteria?
    >>
    >>Thanks!

    > Well you wont be able to tell exactly until it has been converted because
    > each file will be slightly different in size becasue of the variable bit
    > rate during the conversion process.
    >
    > I am using it right now in fact to make a disc with 11 TV episodes at 20
    > mins each. The files are approx 180mb before conversion,but after
    > conversion,they come out at anywhere between 440mb - 460mb after
    > conversion,even though they have the same running times. I use DVD Shrink to
    > make the ISO image,and I can get all 11 on one disc and have it compress by
    > only 15%. I can get 9 on it with no compression.
    >
    > You can add as many as you want and DVD Shrink will automatically compress
    > them down to as much as 50 % of their size. You'll know when you have added
    > too many files because the green compression bar at the top will turn
    > partially red.
    >
    > You can also adjust the file size of each individual file on the disc
    > too,instead of just doing it as a whole.
    >
    > Only problem with DVD Shrink is,if you are making a home made disc,it dosent
    > make menus.
    > You can make a disc with some other authouring software,and if it turns out
    > to be too big,just open the image in DVD Shrink,then compress it if needs
    > be.

    Ah I see. Thanks!
    Adnan, May 24, 2006