    thanks

    milo
    ____

    milo, Feb 22, 2004

  2. milo

    Fred Guest

    You need to do a bit of basic reading first, so I suggest that you start by
    reading an audio conversion FAQ like this one.
    http://www.mp3-converter.biz/help/put-mp3-tunes-onto-audio-cds.html

    Also when you buy a cd writer or burner it often comes with software that
    can burn mp3 compilations.

    "milo" <> wrote in message
    > hi, i just bought a new stereo for the car and it can play mp3 wma wav

    cds.

    Fred, Feb 22, 2004

  3. milo

    Global_Killa Guest

    "milo" <> wrote in message
    > hi, i just bought a new stereo for the car and it can play mp3 wma wav

    cds.
    > its an alpine unit, some one said u can store heaps of albums via mp3 on

    > one cd?
    > i have all of my cds at home on my computers hard drive and play them via
    > windows media player 9
    > any ideas on how to put all my music to mp3 for the car ??? so i can leave
    > the originals at home.
    > and also what quailty are the mp3s? if u can help that would be greate
    > thanks
    >

    > milo
    > ____

    You can store loads of MP3 files on a CD. What format have you ripped your
    CD's on your hard disk into? If you have used Windows Media Player to rip
    them, they will be WMA files, not MP3. But if your CD player can play WMA
    files aswell then you don't have a problem.

    I've ripped all of my music onto my hard disk, but as MP3's. They are the
    same quility sound, so you don't have to worry about losing any sound
    quility.

    I've never tried a car CD player with MP3's before, but my DVD player plays
    MP3 disks, and they are simple to create. I'm taking it that you have a
    CD-R/RW drive? This is what you need to create CD's. Your CD-R/RW should of
    come with some software aswell, if not there are plenty of CD writting
    software out there for you to download.
    Simply buy a blank CD-R (around 0.75p each), load your CD buring software
    and create a data CD. Place the MP3/WMA files onto the disk, until the disk
    is full, and click burn.

    If your running Windows XP, you don't need to have any CD buring software,
    simply select the music files you want and right click -> sendto -> your
    CD-R/RW drive. The files will be stored in a temp folder until you have
    burned them to a CD.
    When you click create CD make sure that you create a data CD and NOT an
    audio.

    Hope this helped.

    --
    Global_Killa
    "Youre a victim of the rules you live by!"

    Global_Killa, Feb 22, 2004
  4. milo

    Thor Guest

    > I've ripped all of my music onto my hard disk, but as MP3's. They are the
    > same quility sound, so you don't have to worry about losing any sound
    > quility.

    That's not necessarily true. It largely depends on the bitrate and sampling
    rate used. MP3s can be (and often are) encoded resulting in horrible
    quality, and all because of too much compression. If you want something that
    is near-to-virtual CD quality, then bitrates from 192Kbps and higher should
    be used (or a variable bitrate encoding), and a a sampling rate of not lower
    than 44Khz.

    Thor, Feb 22, 2004