    that can also convert them to .jpg so I don't have thi problem in
    future!

    Thanks

    NewbJ, Oct 18, 2006

  2. NewbJ

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "NewbJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a lot of old photos on floppy disk (yes I know!) that are in
    > Casio's .cam format. That camera has long since bitten the dust and the
    > software with it. Problem is, I can no longer view the photos. I have
    > searched hard on the internet for a suitable program (tried Irfan View,
    > XN View etc...) but none seem able to open the files.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas on how to at least open them? Preferably a program
    > that can also convert them to .jpg so I don't have thi problem in
    > future!
    >
    > Thanks

    Two programs will do that, perhaps others, Irfanview (free) and XnView (not
    sure of price).

    Irfanview will let you do a batch conversion.

    Good luck, let us know how it works out for you.

    r.

    Rudy Benner, Oct 18, 2006

  3. NewbJ

    l v Guest

    NewbJ wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a lot of old photos on floppy disk (yes I know!) that are in
    > Casio's .cam format. That camera has long since bitten the dust and the
    > software with it. Problem is, I can no longer view the photos. I have
    > searched hard on the internet for a suitable program (tried Irfan View,
    > XN View etc...) but none seem able to open the files.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas on how to at least open them? Preferably a program
    > that can also convert them to .jpg so I don't have thi problem in
    > future!
    >
    > Thanks

    I was surprised that ImageMagick could not read the CAM format, but it
    is not listed as supported. Looks like the Casio web site offers the
    software for $15 USD -- depending on you camera model.

    http://www.casio.com/products/archive/Cameras/QV_Series/QV-10A/accessories/Software/

    --

    Len

    l v, Oct 18, 2006