    so anyone can click on the file, display the image (a coloured table) and
    exit/escape (a key/sec/mouse click any will do). Quick and fast for the end
    result is the key.
    Charity, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Charity

    Bill Purvis Guest

    Have a look at Pictures to Exe

    http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/

    Regards
    Bill
    "Charity" <> wrote in message
    news:bka4fa$qa9$...
    > As subject, anyone have any ideas ?
    >
    > I've a jpeg (could be made into any other image format) I want to make

    into
    > a stand alone self executing display image running under window 9x. I

    can
    > scale and play with it first just can't find anything to do the .exe

    bit -

    Bill Purvis, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Charity

    John Guest

    The only problem is who are you going to get to open the .exe file. Not many
    people these days will open an .exe file, virus's etc.
    John, Sep 17, 2003
  4. "Charity" <> writes:

    > I've a jpeg (could be made into any other image format) I want to make into
    > a stand alone self executing display image running under window 9x.

    I'm confused about why you want to convert a single image to an exe
    file. PicturestoExe presumes you want to take several images and make a
    presentation. Why one?

    > I can
    > scale and play with it first just can't find anything to do the .exe bit -
    > so anyone can click on the file, display the image (a coloured table) and
    > exit/escape (a key/sec/mouse click any will do). Quick and fast for the end
    > result is the key.

    Do you think people can't open a JPG file with a click, display it, then
    quit?

    Phil Stripling, Sep 17, 2003
  5. In article <bka4fa$qa9$>, Charity <> wrote:
    >I've a jpeg (could be made into any other image format) I want to make into
    >a stand alone self executing display image running under window 9x. I can
    >scale and play with it first just can't find anything to do the .exe bit -
    >so anyone can click on the file, display the image (a coloured table) and
    >exit/escape (a key/sec/mouse click any will do). Quick and fast for the end
    >result is the key.

    Windows by default already does this - the file association for jpeg is
    IE (or netscape) - double click on the file and it will be loaded into
    a browser.

    Make it an exe and I guarantee that I'll never touch it.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com
    Jason O'Rourke, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Charity

    Charity Guest

    "Phil Stripling" <> wrote in message
    > "Charity" <> writes:
    >
    > I'm confused about why you want to convert a single image to an exe
    > file. PicturestoExe presumes you want to take several images and make a
    > presentation. Why one?

    It is a coloured table/chart (or later I may have different ones) to gleen
    information from. As a jpg etc the user (me) has load a viewer first,
    resize it to match the full screen then close the lot down. A one off built
    ..exe (or .com under dos for that matter) can show the table and go away on a
    key press/mouse click. I've seen apr but it is slightly overkill for what I
    need, others too like to do a slideshow.

    But thanks for the prompt responses.
    Charity, Sep 17, 2003
  7. Charity

    llywiwr Guest

    You don't have to load the viewer first. Just double click the jpeg file and
    your default viewer will launch automatically. You can also change the
    program it launches from within windows explorer or my computer. Just right
    click the file in "my computer" or explorer and you will see the "open with"
    option. Select your favourite program.
    llywiwr, Sep 17, 2003
  8. Charity

    Charity Guest

    "llywiwr" <> wrote in message
    > You don't have to load the viewer first. Just double click the jpeg file

    and
    > your default viewer will launch automatically. You can also change the
    > program it launches from within windows explorer or my computer. Just

    right
    > click the file in "my computer" or explorer and you will see the "open

    with"
    > option. Select your favourite program.

    The viewer still has to load and it's default settings may not be full
    screen and the whole lot won't go away with a single key press/mouse click
    and it won't be as economical with the limited resources available ...
    Charity, Sep 18, 2003
  9. Charity

    JC Dill Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:29:15 +0000 (UTC), "Charity" <> wrote:

    >The viewer still has to load and it's default settings may not be full
    >screen and the whole lot won't go away with a single key press/mouse click
    >and it won't be as economical with the limited resources available ...

    The end user will be much more likely to activate the image if it is
    named image.jpeg than if it's named image.exe. Almost all such
    viewers will open to either the maximized position on the monitor or
    to a size sufficient to view the image. The end user should know how
    to mazimize their default viewer if this is needed to view your image.
    I don't know of a single common default image viewer that fails to
    close when you click on the X in the top right corner of the window.
    But ultimately all of your objections don't mean jack if the end user
    won't open the file....

    jc
    JC Dill, Sep 19, 2003
  10. Charity

    1ace.tk

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I have the same problem: I want to display one or more images (any format) as a screensaver (no "exit" button, etc...).
    Does any one know how to do it ?
    1ace.tk, Jul 25, 2006