    715MB AVI file is the same with x86 and x64. The test machine has a 4400x2
    AMD processor. CPU temperatures were the same, FPS the same, CPU usage 5%
    less with x64, PF 80MB more with x64.
    Dennis Pack, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Thanks, Dennis, that is interesting. And quite an impressive compression
    rate too!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Interesting. Now we need a 64-bit version of the program and see how it
    does. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Here
    http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php...=%&listallusers=&search=Search or List Guides
    you'll find a lot of guides teaching how to convert from DVD to AVI with
    different programs so you can benchmark and use the one that suits you best.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 28, 2006
  5. Dennis Pack

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carlos:
    That's where I found FairUse Wizard and I like it's quality over the
    others that I tried.

    Dennis Pack, Jan 28, 2006
  6. You've surely done your homework, Dennis!
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 28, 2006