Converting a "dialer" to a "virtual template"

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JustMe, May 24, 2004.

  1. JustMe

    JustMe Guest

    Hi

    My historic configuration of my DSL link is made through a dialer :

    interface ATM0/0
    description ATM Interface to Wanadoo/ADSL
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no atm auto-configuration
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    no atm address-registration
    no atm ilmi-enable
    dsl operating-mode auto
    pvc 8/35
    encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
    dialer pool-member 1

    .../..

    interface Dialer0
    mtu 1524
    ip address negotiated
    ip access-group 110 in
    ip access-group 120 out
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    ip nat outside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    encapsulation ppp
    ip tcp header-compression
    no ip mroute-cache
    dialer pool 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap pap callin
    ppp chap hostname fti/XXXXXX@fti
    ppp chap password 7 XXXXXX
    ppp pap sent-username fti/XXXXXX@fti password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXX

    This config works.

    I'd like to convert this to a virtual template for testing (I noticed
    that Cisco(sq examples are mainly done with VT)

    I try to do

    pvc 8/35
    encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template 1

    and defining interface Virtual-Template 1 with the same config than the
    DIaler (but dialer group 1). Unfortunatly the interface does not get
    activated.

    Am I missing something ?

    Thx

    JM