    Is there any converter available for converting Smartmedia cards to SD
    Media card/CF media card?

    Thanks

    zxcvar, Sep 18, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    Nostrobino Guest

    "zxcvar" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any converter available for converting Smartmedia cards to SD
    > Media card/CF media card?
    >
    > Thanks

    Any of the many 6-way (or 7-way, or 8-way etc.) card readers should easily
    copy the files from one to the other. They can take SmartMedia cards in one
    slot, SD cards in another and CompactFlash in another, and see them all as
    separate drives. So it's just like copying files from one disk drive to
    another.

    Just tried it now with my Lexar USB 2.0 Multi-Card Reader, with all three
    types of cards. They show up on my computer as drives E (SmartMedia), G
    (Secure Digital) and I (Compact Flash), and I just copied a JPEG file from
    the SM card to the SD card and from that to the CF card. No problem.

    If you want to actually convert the card itself (e.g., for a printer that
    takes only CF cards and you only have SM, or something like that), there are
    various adapters. One of my Epson printers came with two card adapters,
    though I've never had occasion to use either of them. You might want to
    check out Buy.com to see what they have in this area.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Sep 18, 2004

  3. zxcvar

    Jer Guest

    Nostrobino wrote:

    > "zxcvar" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is there any converter available for converting Smartmedia cards to SD
    >>Media card/CF media card?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > Any of the many 6-way (or 7-way, or 8-way etc.) card readers should easily
    > copy the files from one to the other. They can take SmartMedia cards in one
    > slot, SD cards in another and CompactFlash in another, and see them all as
    > separate drives. So it's just like copying files from one disk drive to
    > another.
    >
    > Just tried it now with my Lexar USB 2.0 Multi-Card Reader, with all three
    > types of cards. They show up on my computer as drives E (SmartMedia), G
    > (Secure Digital) and I (Compact Flash), and I just copied a JPEG file from
    > the SM card to the SD card and from that to the CF card. No problem.
    >
    > If you want to actually convert the card itself (e.g., for a printer that
    > takes only CF cards and you only have SM, or something like that), there are
    > various adapters. One of my Epson printers came with two card adapters,
    > though I've never had occasion to use either of them. You might want to
    > check out Buy.com to see what they have in this area.

    I've used mine that way only once. A friend was upgrading and the old
    and new chassis used different type cards. I just click-dragged the
    directory structure to the new one and viola! I don't remember what
    brand of reader I have, it's USB 2.0 and all the markings are worn off.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    "All that we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of

    Jer, Sep 19, 2004
  4. zxcvar

    Ron Hunter Guest

    zxcvar wrote:
    > Is there any converter available for converting Smartmedia cards to SD
    > Media card/CF media card?
    >
    > Thanks

    ??
    How would you do that? Can you convert a Ford Focus into a Rolls?

    Ron Hunter, Sep 19, 2004
  5. zxcvar

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Alfred Molon, Sep 19, 2004
  6. zxcvar

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    >

    >>How would you do that? Can you convert a Ford Focus into a Rolls?

    > You mean the SD card is the Ford Focus ?

    No, the SM card is the Ford Focus, or more like it, a '78 Fairlane.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 19, 2004