    way to long.I dont think this is asking to much .......
    Anyone --- HELP!!!

    -Resu Xunil

    no-spam, Jul 27, 2003

  2. no-spam

    Hellmark Guest

    no-spam's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > I have used opera for some time and love the single "z" button (back)
    > option,

    <WACK!>

    I know what you mean. Most of my time I have a hand on a mouse (unless I
    am typing), and so I've gotten very spoiled by the Intellimouse Optical
    (which has programmable buttons on both sides that are stock set to back
    and forward). If Firebird didnt support those buttons, I'd be way so pissed.

    --
    Hellmark
    -If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit!

    Hellmark, Jul 28, 2003

  3. no-spam

    Hellmark Guest

    Leonidas Jones's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
    his body were:
    > Hellmark wrote:
    >> I know what you mean. Most of my time I have a hand on a mouse (unless
    >> I am typing), and so I've gotten very spoiled by the Intellimouse
    >> Optical (which has programmable buttons on both sides that are stock
    >> set to back and forward). If Firebird didnt support those buttons, I'd
    >> be way so pissed.

    > Yeah. but if you open the Intellimouse software, you can set it up in
    > any program, whether it supports Intellimouse or not. You do have to
    > keep the software running in the background though. Up until Moz
    > instituted native Intellimouse support, that's exactly what I did.

    Yeah, and I hated having the software running, and now I'm running with
    stock PS/2 drivers for it (because Windows, and Mozilla support the
    mouse itself).

    Hellmark, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Pascal Chevrel wrote:
    > Le 27/07/2003 07:36, no-spam a écrit :
    >> I have used opera for some time and love the single "z" button (back)
    >> option,
    >> using ctrl-(left arrow) or whatever in mozilla/netscape is just
    >> psychotic, i am one of those, finger stay in touch-typing position
    >> and type a mile a minute users and to hand move over to the arrow nav
    >> keys is NOT an option (hell i use VI as my main word-pro!! ).
    >> I tried a X11 key remap but was forced to have it a modified combination
    >> (i.e. two keys, like ctrl-? or alt-?), still not really ideal,
    >> IS THERE some way i can map the go-back browser function to a single
    >> key located in the main area of the key board, and that key be
    >> single and not modified (not modified even with a shift).
    >> I am using right-mouse-click (select back) now but that is still taking
    >> way to long.I dont think this is asking to much .......
    >> Anyone --- HELP!!!
    >>
    >> -Resu Xunil

    > Hit the backspace key above the Enter key.

    The Backspace shortcut only works on Windows and Resu seems to be an
    unix user.

    Greetings, Stefan!

    Stefan Borggraefe, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Hellmark wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
    > his body were:
    >
    >> Hellmark wrote:
    >>
    >>> I know what you mean. Most of my time I have a hand on a mouse
    >>> (unless I am typing), and so I've gotten very spoiled by the
    >>> Intellimouse Optical (which has programmable buttons on both sides
    >>> that are stock set to back and forward). If Firebird didnt support
    >>> those buttons, I'd be way so pissed.

    >> Yeah. but if you open the Intellimouse software, you can set it up in
    >> any program, whether it supports Intellimouse or not. You do have to
    >> keep the software running in the background though. Up until Moz
    >> instituted native Intellimouse support, that's exactly what I did.

    > Yeah, and I hated having the software running, and now I'm running with
    > stock PS/2 drivers for it (because Windows, and Mozilla support the
    > mouse itself).

    I agree, I try not to have anything running in the background unless its
    truly needed.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jul 29, 2003
  6. no-spam

    Serengeti Guest

    > using ctrl-(left arrow) or whatever in mozilla/netscape is just
    > psychotic,

    agreed!
    That's why I use Mouse Gestures. Check them out:

    http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/

    I think they're much more useful than keybindings.

    Cheers,
    Serengeti.

    --
    "No, no! Sam, you old ass!" said Frodo.