Convert Word document to Postsript

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex Vinokur, Sep 26, 2004.

  1. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    Alex Vinokur, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Alex Vinokur

    Bob Tennent Guest

    On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:23:41 +0200, Alex Vinokur wrote:

    > Any free tool to Convert Word document to Postsript on Windows 2000?

    Any word processor on W2K which can process "Word documents" can be
    configured to "print to file" for a virtual Postscript printer. That
    file will be Postscript.

    Bob T.

    Bob Tennent, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Alex Vinokur

    Jim Land Guest

    "Alex Vinokur" <> wrote in news:2roqbiF1cm545U1@uni-
    berlin.de:

    > Any free tool to Convert Word document to Postsript on Windows 2000?

    Since you posted from MS Office, I think the tool you already have is MS
    Word.

    Install a PS printer driver on your PC. Select "Print to File" option.
    Open the document in Word and print it to the PS printer. Change the
    extension of the resulting file from ".prn" (or whatever) to ".ps" and that
    is your PostScript file.

    Jim Land, Sep 27, 2004
  4. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    "Jim Land" <> wrote in message news:Xns9570D1AD41FBBRrrr99Ffff88Tttt77ho@209.98.13.60...
    > "Alex Vinokur" <> wrote in news:2roqbiF1cm545U1@uni-
    > berlin.de:
    >
    > > Any free tool to Convert Word document to Postsript on Windows 2000?
    > >

    > Since you posted from MS Office, I think the tool you already have is MS
    > Word.
    >
    > Install a PS printer driver on your PC.

    From where?

    --
    Alex Vinokur
    http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

    Alex Vinokur, Sep 27, 2004
  5. Alex Vinokur

    HU Guest

    Type "postcript driver for windows 2000" into Google, see what
    happens.

    HU

    HU, Sep 27, 2004
  6. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    "HU" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Type "postcript driver for windows 2000" into Google, see what
    > happens.
    >
    > HU

    [snip]

    Thanks.

    I have downloaded and installed Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver
    from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1500.

    Now: Word document->File->Print->Printer Name = "Generic PostScriptPrinter"->OK.

    However, I have got Message Box with Error message:
    There was an error found when printing the document
    "Microsoft Word - zzz.doc" to LPT1:.
    The device is not connected.

    Here are some details of the PostScript Driver installation
    Note. It can be seen
    * via NNTP server (not via Google Groups)
    or
    * via Outlook Express (set the addresses below in "Address" of Outlook Express).

    Alex Vinokur, Sep 27, 2004
  7. Alex Vinokur

    Bob Tennent Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:21:08 +0200, Alex Vinokur wrote:

    > I have downloaded and installed Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver
    > from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1500.
    >
    > Now: Word document->File->Print->Printer Name = "Generic PostScriptPrinter"->OK.
    >
    > However, I have got Message Box with Error message:
    > There was an error found when printing the document
    > "Microsoft Word - zzz.doc" to LPT1:.
    > The device is not connected.

    Did you remember to "Print to File"? Looks like you were trying to print
    to a non-existent printer.

    Bob T.

    Bob Tennent, Sep 27, 2004