    bunch of files, and listened to the one I recorded.

    Thanks in advance.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jan 20, 2010

  2. Steve Freides

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:24:38 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:

    >I have a

    <snip>
    > 60-meg .WAV

    <snip>
    > would like to convert it to .MP3 format so

    <snip>

    >Does Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio 8, or

    You may have to mention versions for the first two?

    WMP 10
    Help / Search for Convert / File Conversion /
    Allow audio files to convert in the background Click to allow copies of
    audio files to be converted to a quality level or format that is
    optimized for playback on your portable device when you add them to

    I would go out on a limb here and assume Help for the other tools will
    find similar info ^_^

    >Roxio Sound Editor 7, all of which are on my computer, have this ability

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 138,000 for Roxio Sound Editor 7. (0.25 seconds)

    1st hit, doesn't mention everything it can do....
    http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=42774&Path=Visual

    My guess is maybe.
    Sound Editor may be a clue :)
    You haven't tried?

    Another review, for v7.5
    http://www.manifest-tech.com/media_dvd/dvd_roxio_emc75.htm#Music / Audio
    or start music playing with a media player application like Windows
    Media Player or Winamp. Then use Easy Audio Capture to select the sound
    device and desired output format, compression and bit rate. EMC supports
    the commercial Wave (PCM uncompressed), Windows Media (WMA), and MP3
    audio file formats, plus O

    <snip>

    >Thanks in advance.

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 11,900,000 for convert wav to mp3. (0.25
    seconds)

    Results 1 - 10 of about 3,020,000 for freeware convert wav to mp3. (0.21
    seconds)

    Another search,
    Roxio Sound Editor 7 convert wav mp3

    #
    Internet Archive Search: subject:"SOUND EDITOR"
    Save your recordings in WAV or MP3 format; then use your standard CD
    burner software to burn a CD... Keywords: PolderbitS Sound Recorder and
    Editor; ...
    www.archive.org/search.php?...subject:"SOUND EDITOR" - Cached
    #
    Roxio Sound Editor Software - Roxio Zap, Roxio MediaTicker, Roxio ...
    License: Freeware, Cost: $0.00 USD, Size: 7 KB, Download (20): Roxio
    MediaTicker .... and mix audio files, apply sound effects, convert audio
    to various formats. .... Sound Editor Pro works as a wav editor or mp3
    editor but it also. ...
    www.filetransit.com/files.php?name=Roxio_Sound_Editor - Cached

    Me

    why?, Jan 20, 2010

  3. Steve Freides

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <>, Evan Platt
    <> writes
    >On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:24:38 -0500, "Steve Freides" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I have a new-to-me audio recording device, a Zoom H2. I recorded myself
    >>playing the piano, and was able to figure out how to save 60-meg .WAV
    >>file to my computer, but I would like to convert it to .MP3 format so
    >>that I could email a smaller file to people.
    >>
    >>Does Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio 8, or
    >>Roxio Sound Editor 7, all of which are on my computer, have this ability
    >>or do I need something else? Is there a way to do this on the Zoom H2
    >>itself? I just connected it to the computer, picked Storage, saw a
    >>bunch of files, and listened to the one I recorded.

    >Dunno if WMP or any of the others will do it, but there's free
    >software:
    >
    >http://download.cnet.com/WAV-to-MP3-Encoder/3000-2140_4-10060500.html
    >
    >Or Winamp, a good audio player, can 'output' to MP3.
    >
    >http://www.winamp.com

    Audacity can too (with the Lame MP3 encoder), and much more.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    --
    Ian

    Ian Jackson, Jan 20, 2010
  4. Steve Freides

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:49:12 GMT, why? wrote:

    > On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:24:38 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:
    >
    >>I have a

    > <snip>
    >> 60-meg .WAV

    > <snip>
    >> would like to convert it to .MP3 format so

    > <snip>
    >
    >>Does Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio 8, or

    > You may have to mention versions for the first two?
    >
    > WMP 10
    > Help / Search for Convert / File Conversion /
    > Allow audio files to convert in the background Click to allow copies of
    > audio files to be converted to a quality level or format that is
    > optimized for playback on your portable device when you add them to
    >
    > I would go out on a limb here and assume Help for the other tools will
    > find similar info ^_^
    >
    >>Roxio Sound Editor 7, all of which are on my computer, have this ability

    > www.google.com
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 138,000 for Roxio Sound Editor 7. (0.25 seconds)
    >
    > 1st hit, doesn't mention everything it can do....
    > http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=42774&Path=Visual
    >
    > My guess is maybe.
    > Sound Editor may be a clue :)
    > You haven't tried?
    >
    > Another review, for v7.5
    > http://www.manifest-tech.com/media_dvd/dvd_roxio_emc75.htm#Music / Audio
    > or start music playing with a media player application like Windows
    > Media Player or Winamp. Then use Easy Audio Capture to select the sound
    > device and desired output format, compression and bit rate. EMC supports
    > the commercial Wave (PCM uncompressed), Windows Media (WMA), and MP3
    > audio file formats, plus O
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>Thanks in advance.

    > www.google.com
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 11,900,000 for convert wav to mp3. (0.25
    > seconds)
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 3,020,000 for freeware convert wav to mp3. (0.21
    > seconds)
    >

    > Another search,
    > Roxio Sound Editor 7 convert wav mp3
    >
    > #
    > Internet Archive Search: subject:"SOUND EDITOR"
    > Save your recordings in WAV or MP3 format; then use your standard CD
    > burner software to burn a CD... Keywords: PolderbitS Sound Recorder and
    > Editor; ...
    > www.archive.org/search.php?...subject:"SOUND EDITOR" - Cached
    > #
    > Roxio Sound Editor Software - Roxio Zap, Roxio MediaTicker, Roxio ...
    > License: Freeware, Cost: $0.00 USD, Size: 7 KB, Download (20): Roxio
    > MediaTicker .... and mix audio files, apply sound effects, convert audio
    > to various formats. .... Sound Editor Pro works as a wav editor or mp3
    > editor but it also. ...
    > www.filetransit.com/files.php?name=Roxio_Sound_Editor - Cached
    >
    > Me

    I will not put roxio stuff on my machine for the simple reason they love to
    overload the registry with useless crap. When you uninstall, all that stuff
    is left behind.

    richard, Jan 20, 2010
  5. Steve Freides

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jan 20, 9:24 pm, "Steve Freides" <> wrote:
    > I have a new-to-me audio recording device, a Zoom H2.  I recorded myself
    > playing the piano, and was able to figure out how to save 60-meg .WAV
    > file to my computer, but I would like to convert it to .MP3 format so
    > that I could email a smaller file to people.
    >
    > Does Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio 8, or
    > Roxio Sound Editor 7, all of which are on my computer, have this ability
    > or do I need something else?  Is there a way to do this on the Zoom H2
    > itself?  I just connected it to the computer, picked Storage, saw a
    > bunch of files, and listened to the one I recorded.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > -S-

    See e-mail, Steve.

    sandy58, Jan 20, 2010
  6. why? wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:24:38 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:
    >
    >> I have a

    > <snip>
    >> 60-meg .WAV

    > <snip>
    >> would like to convert it to .MP3 format so

    > <snip>
    >
    >> Does Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio 8, or

    > You may have to mention versions for the first two?
    >
    > WMP 10
    > Help / Search for Convert / File Conversion /
    > Allow audio files to convert in the background Click to allow copies
    > of audio files to be converted to a quality level or format that is
    > optimized for playback on your portable device when you add them to
    >
    > I would go out on a limb here and assume Help for the other tools will
    > find similar info ^_^
    >
    >> Roxio Sound Editor 7, all of which are on my computer, have this
    >> ability

    > www.google.com
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 138,000 for Roxio Sound Editor 7. (0.25
    > seconds)
    >
    > 1st hit, doesn't mention everything it can do....
    > http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=42774&Path=Visual
    >
    > My guess is maybe.
    > Sound Editor may be a clue :)
    > You haven't tried?
    >
    > Another review, for v7.5
    > http://www.manifest-tech.com/media_dvd/dvd_roxio_emc75.htm#Music / Audio
    > or start music playing with a media player application like Windows
    > Media Player or Winamp. Then use Easy Audio Capture to select the
    > sound device and desired output format, compression and bit rate. EMC
    > supports the commercial Wave (PCM uncompressed), Windows Media (WMA),
    > and MP3 audio file formats, plus O
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > www.google.com
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 11,900,000 for convert wav to mp3. (0.25
    > seconds)
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 3,020,000 for freeware convert wav to mp3.
    > (0.21 seconds)
    >

    > Another search,
    > Roxio Sound Editor 7 convert wav mp3
    >
    > #
    > Internet Archive Search: subject:"SOUND EDITOR"
    > Save your recordings in WAV or MP3 format; then use your standard CD
    > burner software to burn a CD... Keywords: PolderbitS Sound Recorder
    > and Editor; ...
    > www.archive.org/search.php?...subject:"SOUND EDITOR" - Cached
    > #
    > Roxio Sound Editor Software - Roxio Zap, Roxio MediaTicker, Roxio ...
    > License: Freeware, Cost: $0.00 USD, Size: 7 KB, Download (20): Roxio
    > MediaTicker .... and mix audio files, apply sound effects, convert
    > audio to various formats. .... Sound Editor Pro works as a wav editor
    > or mp3 editor but it also. ...
    > www.filetransit.com/files.php?name=Roxio_Sound_Editor - Cached
    >
    > Me

    I have WMP 11. I tried the help, tried following what you suggest,
    can't figure it out.

    Went back into Roxio Sound Editor, which I did try before, looked at
    their help file, then decided to do a very simple thing, which worked,
    but which I hadn't tried earlier because it didn't work in WMP (not a
    good reason, I know ...)

    File, Open - pick my .WAV file

    File, Save As - change the format to .MP3

    That's it. I've got an 8 Meg MP3 now.

    Many thanks to all who responded.

    Here you go, for anyone interested:

    http://www.kbnj.com/music/WithoutASong.mp3

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jan 20, 2010
  7. Steve Freides

    Jenn Guest

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote in message
    >I have a new-to-me audio recording device, a Zoom H2. I recorded myself
    >playing the piano, and was able to figure out how to save 60-meg .WAV file
    >to my computer, but I would like to convert it to .MP3 format so that I
    >could email a smaller file to people.
    >
    > Does Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio 8, or
    > Roxio Sound Editor 7, all of which are on my computer, have this ability
    > or do I need something else? Is there a way to do this on the Zoom H2
    > itself? I just connected it to the computer, picked Storage, saw a bunch
    > of files, and listened to the one I recorded.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    You can try Windows Media Encoder. It's free. I know you can convert .wavs
    and mp3's to wma files, and you can also convert to various compressions.
    If you just want to compress to listen to on your pc.. wma is ok .. you can
    also convert them to CD quality, too. You start off by opening the program
    ... click new session > convert file > browse for the file you want to
    convert, and then follow the wizard instructions after that. Try different
    settings. I don't believe it'll actually convert a .wav TO an mp3, tho.
    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Jan 21, 2010
  8. Steve Freides

    M.L. Guest

    >>>I have a new-to-me audio recording device, a Zoom H2. I recorded myself
    >>>playing the piano, and was able to figure out how to save 60-meg .WAV file
    >>>to my computer, but I would like to convert it to .MP3 format so that I
    >>>could email a smaller file to people.

    There are several easy to use freeware apps that do little else but
    convert WAV to MP3.

    Lame Front-End (batch encoding, CBR option, presets)
    Input: MP3, WAV
    Output: MP3, WAV
    OS: Win NT/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista
    http://www.pazera-software.com/products/lame-front-end/

    LameXP (batch encoding, CBR option)
    Input: AAC, AC3, APE, FLAC, MP2, MP3, OGG, Speex, WAV, WMA
    Output: MP3, OGG
    OS: Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-CD-Rippers-Encoders/LameXP.shtml

    RazorLame (batch encoding, CBR option)
    Input: MP3, WAV
    Output: MP3, WAV
    OS: Win NT/95/98/2000/XP
    http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php

    winLAME (batch encoding, CBR option, presets)
    Input: AAC, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC, MP3, OGG, VOC, WAV, WMA
    Output: AAC, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC, MP3, OGG, VOC, WAV, WMA
    OS: Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
    http://winlame.sourceforge.net/download.php

    M.L., Jan 21, 2010
  9. Steve Freides

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:33:03 -0700, richard wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:49:12 GMT, why? wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:24:38 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have a

    >> <snip>
    >>> 60-meg .WAV

    >> <snip>
    >>> would like to convert it to .MP3 format so

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>>Does Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio 8, or

    <snip>

    >I will not put roxio stuff on my machine for the simple reason they love to
    >overload the registry with useless crap. When you uninstall, all that stuff
    >is left behind.

    Generally, yes. However it's already on the OPs system, so might as well
    try.

    Me

    why?, Jan 21, 2010
  10. Steve Freides

    Jenn Guest

    <Meat Plow> wrote in message news:...
    > On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:50:11 -0600, "Jenn" <>wrote:
    >
    >>You can try Windows Media Encoder. It's free. I know you can convert
    >>.wavs
    >>and mp3's to wma files, and you can also convert to various compressions.
    >>If you just want to compress to listen to on your pc.. wma is ok .. you
    >>can
    >>also convert them to CD quality, too. You start off by opening the
    >>program
    >>.. click new session > convert file > browse for the file you want to
    >>convert, and then follow the wizard instructions after that. Try
    >>different
    >>settings. I don't believe it'll actually convert a .wav TO an mp3, tho.

    > Why then would you suggest an application that doesn't convert wav to
    > mp3 to someone looking for an application that converts wav to mp3?
    >
    > WME9 doesn't convert wav to mp3 from what I can remember about it.

    I suggested it because he hadn't said what he was going to use the files
    for. If he is just wanting to reduce the size of the file to listen to via
    his pc... then this would work. If he wanted to use the file for web.. this
    would work... If he wants to use the file on a CD and create a music
    compilation.. then Encoder will work. If he wanted to use the file on the
    web and set it up to stream .. this would work. If the only reason he wants
    to convert to mp3 is he likes the file format <shrugs> ... mp3 isn't
    necessarily the only format he can use.

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    http://pqlr.org/bbs/

    Jenn, Jan 21, 2010
  11. Steve Freides

    Jenn Guest

    <Meat Plow> wrote in message news:...
    > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:14:04 -0600, "Jenn" <>wrote:
    >

    >><Meat Plow> wrote in message news:...

    >>> Why then would you suggest an application that doesn't convert wav to
    >>> mp3 to someone looking for an application that converts wav to mp3?
    >>>
    >>> WME9 doesn't convert wav to mp3 from what I can remember about it.

    >>I suggested it because he hadn't said what he was going to use the files
    >>for

    > Subject: Convert WAV to MP3?
    >
    > You can use MP3 files for a hundred different reasons none of which
    > matter unless you have software that can convert a .wav format
    > into an MP3. And I thought the original poster was explicit in what
    > he wanted to accomplish.
    >
    > I'm not trying to break your balls here so I'll leave the thread with
    > the hopes that you can respond a bit more accurately in the future :)

    I went back and read the original poster comment and he said he wanted to
    send the file to friends and have it be a smaller file, and that was what
    prompted me to respond the way I did including the other reasons I gave.
    Coverting .wavs to smaller files is easy with Encoder. I convert sound
    files on a regular basis and you don't need to convert to mp3's to compress
    the files to a better format. In fact, I usually end up converting mp3's to
    ..asf files to stream on the web. The sound quality is great compressed down
    to their 37kb option and it also would serve well if you want to send such
    files via email to others because most pcs already have some sort of player
    that can handle either .wma or asf files.

    btw ... you can't break my *balls* since I don't have any. I'm a lady. ;)

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Jan 22, 2010
  12. Steve Freides

    Jenn Guest

    <Meat Plow> wrote in message news:...
    > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:21:50 -0600, "Jenn" <>wrote:
    >>>

    >>I went back and read the original poster comment and he said he wanted to
    >>send the file to friends and have it be a smaller file, and that was what

    <snip>

    >>btw ... you can't break my *balls* since I don't have any. I'm a lady.
    >>;)

    > No matter how you spin it the subject was WAV to MP3. Media Encoder 9
    > is not straight forward in doing so. If I were to ask for an app that
    > converts wav to mp3 I probably wouldn't want suggestions for
    > converting the wav file into other formats. Look, arguing about the
    > perceived needs of this poster is speculative and this poster has not
    > returned to the thread. Besides, there were many good suggestions so
    > let's retire this dialog in lieu of more definitive requests.

    I'm happy that you feel the need to tell me what to do, but I can think for
    myself. ;)

    Despite the subject title, it's not uncommon to add information related to
    the topic or even vary completely from the listed subject altogether. I do
    this for a living, so the information I provided is applicable to the need
    of the person who asked for assistance. Anyone can offer the idea of doing
    a google search, but fewer people actually have experience in converting wav
    files for compression. If you had such experience, I could see you being
    the lead person offering advice, but since the extent of the advice you gave
    was to offer up a link, http://www.nch.com.au/switch/plus.html, I'd say you
    either don't have the personal experience actually coverting audio files for
    compression and the various uses, or you think of yourself as head dog
    here... Sorry, but I'm not part of the pack following mentality... ;)

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    http://pqlr.org/bbs/

    Jenn, Jan 22, 2010
  13. Steve Freides

    thanatoid Guest

    "Jenn" <> wrote in

    > <Meat Plow> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:21:50 -0600, "Jenn"
    >> <>wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>I went back and read the original poster comment and he
    >>>said he wanted to send the file to friends and have it be
    >>>a smaller file, and that was what

    > <snip>
    >>>
    >>>btw ... you can't break my *balls* since I don't have any.
    >>> I'm a lady. ;)

    Maybe you'd have some if you were a /woman/, not a "lady".

    >> No matter how you spin it the subject was WAV to MP3.
    >> Media Encoder 9 is not straight forward in doing so. If I
    >> were to ask for an app that converts wav to mp3 I probably
    >> wouldn't want suggestions for converting the wav file into
    >> other formats. Look, arguing about the perceived needs of
    >> this poster is speculative and this poster has not
    >> returned to the thread. Besides, there were many good
    >> suggestions so let's retire this dialog in lieu of more
    >> definitive requests.

    > I'm happy that you feel the need to tell me what to do, but
    > I can think for myself. ;)

    The lady is sure?

    > Despite the subject title, it's not uncommon to add
    > information related to the topic or even vary completely
    > from the listed subject altogether. I do this for a
    > living, so the information I provided is applicable to the
    > need of the person who asked for assistance. Anyone can
    > offer the idea of doing a google search, but fewer people
    > actually have experience in converting wav files for
    > compression. If you had such experience, I could see you
    > being the lead person offering advice, but since the extent
    > of the advice you gave was to offer up a link,
    > http://www.nch.com.au/switch/plus.html, I'd say you either
    > don't have the personal experience actually coverting audio
    > files for compression and the various uses, or you think of
    > yourself as head dog here... Sorry, but I'm not part of
    > the pack following mentality... ;)

    How does a "lady" follow mentality? Are there special hunting-
    dog-packs that you train for the scent of mentality? And where
    do you buy those packs?

    [BTW, WHO the **** cares that you're from Oklahoma?]

    --
    The arrows are faster than rodents!
    - t.

    thanatoid, Jan 22, 2010
  14. Steve Freides

    Respondant Guest

    Jenn wrote:

    > <Meat Plow> wrote in message news:...
    >> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:21:50 -0600, "Jenn" <>wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> I went back and read the original poster comment and he said he
    >>> wanted to send the file to friends and have it be a smaller file,
    >>> and that was what <snip> btw ... you can't break my *balls* since I
    >>> don't have any. I'm a
    >>> lady. ;)

    >> No matter how you spin it the subject was WAV to MP3. Media Encoder 9
    >> is not straight forward in doing so. If I were to ask for an app that
    >> converts wav to mp3 I probably wouldn't want suggestions for
    >> converting the wav file into other formats. Look, arguing about the
    >> perceived needs of this poster is speculative and this poster has not
    >> returned to the thread. Besides, there were many good suggestions so
    >> let's retire this dialog in lieu of more definitive requests.

    > I'm happy that you feel the need to tell me what to do, but I can
    > think for myself. ;)

    Far be it for me to defend Meat (he can take care of himself and we seldom
    agree) but ... I don't see where he *told* you to do anything at all. He
    very well might soon, though. :)

    > Despite the subject title, it's not uncommon to add information
    > related to the topic or even vary completely from the listed subject
    > altogether. I do this for a living, so the information I provided is
    > applicable to the need of the person who asked for assistance. Anyone can
    > offer the idea of doing a google search, but fewer people
    > actually have experience in converting wav files for compression. If
    > you had such experience, I could see you being the lead person
    > offering advice, but since the extent of the advice you gave was to
    > offer up a link, http://www.nch.com.au/switch/plus.html, I'd say you
    > either don't have the personal experience actually coverting audio
    > files for compression and the various uses, or you think of yourself
    > as head dog here... Sorry, but I'm not part of the pack following
    > mentality... ;)

    See the subject line? It hasn't changed. So it's like this; The OP
    *clearly* asked how to convert WAV to MP3. He was subsequently given more
    than one suggestion on what to use to accomplish the task. Most likely he
    took one of those suggestions and went merrily on his way since he hasn't
    come back. Then along you come posting a bunch of gobbldyygook ending with,
    "I don't believe it'll actually convert a .wav TO an mp3, tho."

    Can you say, DUH!?

    And then, when your mistake was most gently pointed out to you, you go on
    the offensive and wanna 'fight' about it? Why?

    Respondant, Jan 22, 2010
  15. Steve Freides

    Jenn Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > "Jenn" <> wrote in

    >> <snip>

    > Maybe you'd have some if you were a /woman/, not a "lady".

    nope.. still not equipped with *balls*... perhaps you should return to
    anatomy class? :)

    >>> No matter how you spin it the subject was WAV to MP3.
    >>> Media Encoder 9 is not straight forward in doing so. If I
    >>> were to ask for an app that converts wav to mp3 I probably
    >>> wouldn't want suggestions for converting the wav file into
    >>> other formats. Look, arguing about the perceived needs of
    >>> this poster is speculative and this poster has not
    >>> returned to the thread. Besides, there were many good
    >>> suggestions so let's retire this dialog in lieu of more
    >>> definitive requests.

    >> I'm happy that you feel the need to tell me what to do, but
    >> I can think for myself. ;)

    > The lady is sure?

    The lady is sure ...

    <snip>
    >> don't have the personal experience actually coverting audio
    >> files for compression and the various uses, or you think of
    >> yourself as head dog here... Sorry, but I'm not part of
    >> the pack following mentality... ;)

    > How does a "lady" follow mentality? Are there special hunting-
    > dog-packs that you train for the scent of mentality? And where
    > do you buy those packs?

    I hear tell that there are people who like to follow an alpha leader within
    any group setting. That alpha leader likes to whoop up on everyone else
    until they tow the line, therefore, establishing a 'pack'/group/pecking
    order. Many people within groups find it comforting to have an established
    position within the 'pack'/group/pecking order. I usually skip those
    classes since I don't need the packs acceptance to be an independent thinker
    .... :)

    > [BTW, WHO the **** cares that you're from Oklahoma?]

    Frankly, my dear ... <insert obvious quote from Rhett Butler from 'Gone With
    The Wind'> {{wink}}

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    http://pqlr.org/bbs/

    Jenn, Jan 22, 2010
  16. Steve Freides

    thanatoid Guest

    "Jenn" <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    Methinks the lady needs to get a sense of humor, among other
    things...

    thanatoid, Jan 22, 2010
  17. Steve Freides

    Jenn Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > "Jenn" <> wrote in
    >
    > <SNIP>
    >
    > Methinks the lady needs to get a sense of humor, among other
    > things...

    gee.. I suppose all the smilies didn't give it away .. I'll have to insert
    <humor></humor> tags next time. ;)

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    http://pqlr.org/bbs/

    Jenn, Jan 22, 2010
  18. Steve Freides

    Respondant Guest

    Jenn wrote:

    > "Respondant" <> wrote in message
    >> Jenn wrote:

    >> See the subject line? It hasn't changed. So it's like this; The OP
    >> *clearly* asked how to convert WAV to MP3. He was subsequently
    >> given more than one suggestion on what to use to accomplish the
    >> task. Most likely he took one of those suggestions and went merrily
    >> on his way since he hasn't come back. Then along you come posting a
    >> bunch of gobbldyygook ending with, "I don't believe it'll actually
    >> convert a .wav TO an mp3, tho." Can you say, DUH!?

    > I responded to the persons content of their inquiry referencing their
    > need to reduce the size of an audio file so they could send it to
    > friends.. ergo his specific statement: *I would like to convert it
    > to .MP3 format so that I could email a smaller file to people.*
    >
    > Unlike some people... I actually *read* his inquiry instead of just
    > reading his *subject* line. ;) I also offered specific information
    > as to how reducing the file size into various formats could be used
    > elsewhere, which, could be useful information, too.
    >
    > Can you say.. DUH!? :D It is very practical to consider the
    > *content* of a post and respond to that, instead of just responding
    > to the subject title ...
    >

    >> And then, when your mistake was most gently pointed out to you, you
    >> go on the offensive and wanna 'fight' about it? Why?
    >>

    > Fight? naaaaa ... hardly. :D However, I haven't made a
    > mistake and haven't made an error responding to the original posters
    > inquiry by offering applicable information in reference to
    > compressing audio files for his intended use. Think outside the box
    > ... you never know how information will help someone else.

    Now playing: Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick.

    Respondant, Jan 22, 2010
  19. Steve Freides

    Jenn Guest

    Respondant wrote:
    > Jenn wrote:
    >
    >> "Respondant" <> wrote in message

    >>> And then, when your mistake was most gently pointed out to you, you
    >>> go on the offensive and wanna 'fight' about it? Why?
    >>>

    >> Fight? naaaaa ... hardly. :D However, I haven't made a
    >> mistake and haven't made an error responding to the original posters
    >> inquiry by offering applicable information in reference to
    >> compressing audio files for his intended use. Think outside the box
    >> ... you never know how information will help someone else.

    > Now playing: Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick.

    thinks....... {{people listen to stuff they identify with}}
    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    http://pqlr.org/bbs/

    Jenn, Jan 22, 2010
  20. Steve Freides

    Jenn Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:47:53 -0600, "Jenn" <>wrote:
    >
    >> <Meat Plow> wrote in message news:...

    >>> No matter how you spin it the subject was WAV to MP3. Media Encoder
    >>> 9 is not straight forward in doing so. If I were to ask for an app
    >>> that converts wav to mp3 I probably wouldn't want suggestions for
    >>> converting the wav file into other formats. Look, arguing about the
    >>> perceived needs of this poster is speculative and this poster has
    >>> not returned to the thread. Besides, there were many good
    >>> suggestions so let's retire this dialog in lieu of more definitive
    >>> requests.

    >> I'm happy that you feel the need to tell me what to do, but I can
    >> think for myself. ;)

    > Just like a woman to have the absolute need to have the last word.
    >
    > And if I were inclined to tell you what to do it wouldn't have been
    > very well mannered like I have been.

    I call it *having a conversation* ... It may be a new concept for you since
    you have to make an efforet to be *well mannered*...

    Of course.. I'm just messing with you. :)

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    http://pqlr.org/bbs/

    Jenn, Jan 22, 2010