    burn a copy of the DVD to a different region, or with no regional coding at
    all? Such as DVDShrink or the old X-Copy?

    TIA!
    Nsagio, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Nsagio

    Uncle Buck Guest

    Nsagio wrote:

    > I have a friend who bought a DVD video that he didn't realize was
    > Region 2. The video is available as Region 2 only. His DVD player
    > plays Region 1 only, and his PC does not have a DVD drive.
    >
    > He does not want to have to purchase any additional hardware to
    > resolve this.

    What brand+model is his DVD player? There's most likely a remote
    control hack for it on the net somewhere.
    Uncle Buck, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Nsagio

    TerryNC Guest

    AnyDVD will do that....

    TerryNC, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Howdy!

    "Nsagio" <> wrote in message
    > I have a friend who bought a DVD video that he didn't realize was Region

    2.
    > The video is available as Region 2 only. His DVD player plays Region 1
    > only, and his PC does not have a DVD drive.
    >
    > He does not want to have to purchase any additional hardware to resolve
    > this.
    >
    > I have access to a DVD burner. Is there any software that would let me
    > burn a copy of the DVD to a different region, or with no regional coding

    at
    > all? Such as DVDShrink or the old X-Copy?

    DVDDecrypter can do that, amongst its other feats.

    HOWEVER - if the DVD is > 4.5G, you'll also need to either split it,
    or feed it to DVDShrink to reduce it to fit.

    AND - to do this, you really need an NTFS-formatted HD. XNews
    doesn't include any clues as to what flavor of Windows you're running (that
    I recognize, at least) ... so I'll add that you need that to exceed the
    FAT32 file limit of 4G.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 30, 2004
  5. Nsagio

    Jamco Guest

    burn a copy with DVD-Shrink, it can change the region, or set it to region
    free

    Jamco, Aug 30, 2004