    convert it from MPG to DVD format. Is this so? If so what can I use to
    do this? Thanks in advance for any info or help anyone can give me

    Prezi
    Prezi, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Prezi

    Akhil Guest

    i am not sure

    Akhil, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Prezi

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Try TMPGEnc DVD Author that should do the trick.

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Prezi

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Then why post?

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Prezi

    ICee Guest

    Prezi wrote:
    > I recently converted a VHS tape to MPG. Next I copied it to a DVD+RW
    > using Roxio's Drag to Disk program. Then I put it into my DVD player
    > to watch it on our TV, but it does'nt play. My son says I still have
    > to convert it from MPG to DVD format. Is this so? If so what can I
    > use to do this? Thanks in advance for any info or help anyone can
    > give me
    >
    > Prezi

    This site should help:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

    Douglas Adams
    ICee, Jan 17, 2004
  6. Prezi

    Boomer Guest

    ErmYouKnow, <> wrote:

    > Then why post?

    It's lonely and wants to 'chat'.

    Boomer, Jan 17, 2004
  7. Prezi

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:22:35 GMT, "WorkingClassHero"
    <> scribbled:

    >"Prezi" <> wrote in message
    >> I recently converted a VHS tape to MPG. Next I copied it to a DVD+RW
    >> using Roxio's Drag to Disk program. Then I put it into my DVD player to
    >> watch it on our TV, but it does'nt play. My son says I still have to
    >> convert it from MPG to DVD format. Is this so? If so what can I use to
    >> do this? Thanks in advance for any info or help anyone can give me
    >>
    >> Prezi
    >>

    >You probably burnt it as 'data', and that won't play in a stand alone dvd
    >player.

    You should revise that to 'some' stand alone DVD players. I just
    picked up a cheapo $35 AMW DVD player for the den and it
    playes MPEG files just fine off a data disc. It also browses
    sub directories, mixed data CDs, just about everything but DIVX
    and WMV.

    >Instead, burn the mpg as a *vcd*, using your favorite burner sofware.
    >If the mpg is not vcd compliant, run it through Tmpg encoder, then burn the
    >resulting mpg as a 'Vcd'

    Or just ignore the warning and burn it as a VCD anyhow (both
    my DVD players, the AMW above and my RCA unit play VCD
    discs burned without resampling the MPEGs).

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jan 17, 2004
  8. Prezi

    Harrison Guest

    Sort by author it will be abundantly clear.

    Harrison, Jan 17, 2004