    2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

    Thanks........

    , Nov 20, 2009

  2. Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: wrote:

    > I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
    > 1. Does Nero 9 do that?

    Nero 7 did, so 9 probably does too. Assuming that the same apps are
    included and they still work in much the same way,

    A) Use the "WaveEditor"

    or

    B) Use "Nero Burning ROM"

    1. Go to the "Extras" menu
    2. Select "Encode Files"
    3. Proceed from there ...

    > 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

    Without doubt.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Nov 20, 2009

  3. Netmask Guest

    wrote:
    > I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
    > 1. Does Nero 9 do that?
    > 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?
    >
    > Thanks........

    The question is why you want to do it? CoolEdit Pro or Goldwave or Adobe
    Audition will do it. But you won't gain anything unless your dvd
    authoring program or sound editor can't handle mp3. No improvement in
    quality etc. Converting Wave to MP3 is understandable to save file size.

    Netmask, Nov 20, 2009
  4. Guest

    I have some MP3 files that I want to use as system sounds - and you can
    only use WAV files for this purpose.

  5. Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Nov 21, 2009
  6. Netmask Guest

    wrote:
    > I have some MP3 files that I want to use as system sounds - and you can
    > only use WAV files for this purpose.
    >
    > On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:57:09 GMT, Netmask <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
    >>> 1. Does Nero 9 do that?
    >>> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks........

    >> The question is why you want to do it? CoolEdit Pro or Goldwave or Adobe
    >> Audition will do it. But you won't gain anything unless your dvd
    >> authoring program or sound editor can't handle mp3. No improvement in
    >> quality etc. Converting Wave to MP3 is understandable to save file size.

    ah! that makes sense..

    Netmask, Nov 21, 2009
  7. Guest

    Great - thanks........I have iTunes and didn't know it cold do that.

    On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:11:44 -0500, Stan Brown
    <> wrote:

    >Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:25:07 -0500 from <>:
    >>
    >> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.

    >> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

    >iTunes does.

    , Nov 21, 2009
  8. windhello Guest

    windhello, Nov 23, 2009
  9. M.L. Guest

    >I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.

    >2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

    Any Audio Converter (batch encoding, normalizer)
    Input: AAC, AVI, FLAC, M4A, MP2, MP3, MP4(IPOD,PSP,ZUNE), MPEG1,
    MPEG2, OGG, WAV, WMA, WMV/ASF
    Output: AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP2, MP3, MP4(IPOD,PSP,ZUNE), OGG, WAV, WMA
    OS: Win 2000/XP/Vista
    www.any-audio-converter.com/

    Free Mp3 Wma Converter (batch encoding, optional adware installs)
    Input: AAC, AC3, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV
    Output: AAC, AC3, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV
    OS: Win 2000/XP/Vista
    www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

    Pazera Free Audio Extractor (batch encoding, output volume control)
    Input: 3G2(Mobile), 3GP(Mobile), AAC, AC3, AVI, DAT, FLV, M4V, MKV,
    MOV, MP3, MP4(IPOD,PSP,ZUNE), MPEG1, MPEG2, QT, RM, RMVB, SWF, VOB,
    WAV, WMA, WMV/ASF
    Output: AAC, AC3, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
    OS: Win NT/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista
    www.pazera-software.com/products/audio-extractor/

    RazorLame (batch encoding)
    Input: MP3, WAV
    Output: MP3, WAV
    OS: Win NT/95/98/2000/XP
    http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php

    Spark audio converter (batch encoding, registerware)
    Input: APE, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV
    Output: APE, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV
    OS: Win NT/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Convertors/Spark-Audio-Converter.shtml

    Switch Audio Converter (batch encoding, normalizer)
    Input: AAC, AIFF, AMR, AU, FLAC, GSM, M4A, MP3, OGG, RAW, VOX, WAV,
    WMA
    Output: AAC, AIFF, AMR, AU, FLAC, GSM, M4A, MP3, OGG, RAW, VOX, WAV,
    WMA
    OS: Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008
    http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

    M.L., Nov 23, 2009
  10. Ine Guest

    On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 06:38:42 +0530, Ardent <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:25:07 -0500, wrote:
    >
    >>2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

    >Why load a big program like Nero for this.
    >
    >"Simple" will do all you want, get it here:
    >
    >www.geocities.com/simplelance

    Geocities' plug was pulled last month.

    Ine, Nov 23, 2009
  11. kelly Jack Guest

    Hi,I'm not sure Nero 9 support that or not, but I know freeware
    iWisoft Free Video Converter is good at that, I often use it to
    convert avi to flv, flv to mp3, mp3 to wav. It's really what I need.
    It's free without ads and watermark, you can have a try.
    http://www.easy-video-converter.com

    kelly Jack, Nov 24, 2009
  12. music-fan Guest

    On Nov 21, 2:25 am, wrote:
    > I'd like to convert someMP3files toWAVformat.
    > 1.  Does Nero 9 do that?
    > 2.  Is there a freeware program that does that?
    >
    > Thanks........

    Eufony
    http://www.softe.net/audio_converter/

    music-fan, Nov 26, 2009
  13. jeremy Guest

    jeremy, Nov 26, 2009
  14. Simmon Guest

    Simmon, Nov 27, 2009
  15. Ine Guest

    On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:40:29 -0800 (PST), Simmon <>
    wrote:

    >>2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

    >Why load a big program like Nero for this.
    >
    >"Simple" will do all you want, get it here:
    >
    >www.geocities.com/simplelance

    Geo-shit-ies is dead.

    Ine, Nov 28, 2009
  16. <> wrote in message
    > I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
    > 1. Does Nero 9 do that?
    > 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?
    >
    > Thanks........

    Nero six does that much without rejistration. Unfortunately, Ahead Software
    is losing track of their serial number system, so making WAV into MP3 is
    harder, because you hav to pay for serial numbers that do not work in your
    version. I *was* able to use Lame, and the serial numbers they provided me
    do not work if I update my software. Correct me if I am wrong: Changing your
    serial number system is useless against piracy, so all it does is create
    headaches for users that paid five years ago, especially if you do not
    maintain a calculator for historical versions. And I paid on Friday. Serial
    numbers they gave me that do not work are probably for version nine. I hate
    upgrade trains. It is bad enough that my MP3 encoder requires internet
    service for activation.

    Bohgosity BumaskiL, Mar 8, 2010
  17. wrote:
    > I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.
    > 1. Does Nero 9 do that?
    > 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?
    >
    > Thanks........

    Noone mentioned mpg123, but then, ... I doubt it runs on Windows.

    mpg123 -w file.wav file.mp3

    --
    These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Technology Solutions!
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FTS)

    Josef Moellers, Mar 10, 2010
  18. Arthur Dent Guest

    Nero9 does that.
    GS

    Arthur Dent, Mar 10, 2010
  19. Arthur Dent wrote:
    > Nero9 does that.

    How much ist that?

    Josef Moellers, Mar 11, 2010
  20. M.L. Guest

    >> I'd like to convert some MP3 files to WAV format.

    >> 2. Is there a freeware program that does that?

    Lame Front-End (batch encoding, CBR option, presets)
    Input: MP3, WAV
    Output: MP3, WAV
    OS: Win NT/98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista
    http://www.pazera-software.com/products/lame-front-end/

    RazorLame (batch encoding, CBR option)
    Input: MP3, WAV
    Output: MP3, WAV
    OS: Win NT/95/98/2000/XP
    http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php

    winLAME (batch encoding, CBR option, presets)
    Input: AAC, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC, MP3, OGG, VOC, WAV, WMA
    Output: AAC, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC, MP3, OGG, VOC, WAV, WMA
    OS: Win 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
    http://winlame.sourceforge.net/download.php

    M.L., Mar 17, 2010