    remember some very old tools to convert movies, but I doubt they work
    with MJPG codec (probably wouldn't even know the FourCC).

    , Feb 14, 2005

  2. Rudy Benner Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My camera takes little 30 second MJPEG clips in MOV format, I'd like to
    > convert them to more windows/editing friendly AVI.
    >
    > Any (free) way to do this WITHOUT recompression? I can export in
    > QuickTime player but only to uncompressed AVI or Cinepak and so on. I
    > remember some very old tools to convert movies, but I doubt they work
    > with MJPG codec (probably wouldn't even know the FourCC).

    Wrong newsgroup.

    Try Canopus ProCoder.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Martin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My camera takes little 30 second MJPEG clips in MOV format, I'd like to
    > convert them to more windows/editing friendly AVI.
    >
    > Any (free) way to do this WITHOUT recompression? I can export in
    > QuickTime player but only to uncompressed AVI or Cinepak and so on. I
    > remember some very old tools to convert movies, but I doubt they work
    > with MJPG codec (probably wouldn't even know the FourCC).

    There's EOVideo - trialware from http://www.eo-video.com/

    RAD Video Tools - freeware from http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

    Or you could try loading the .MOV into TMPGEnc and exporting an .AVI video.
    TMPGEnc is freeware from http://www.tmpgenc.net/
    You'll need the QT plug-in to do this. Look here
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=TMPGEnc_Mov_Plugin

    Any of these utilities should be able to export an AVI using whatever
    compression codecs you currently have installed on your pc.

    Martin.

    Martin, Feb 14, 2005