Convert Local Director to Pix

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mike Johnson, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Mike Johnson

    Mike Johnson Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm building a lab for Cisco certifications, and I'm attempting to
    "convert" a local director 410 to a PIX. The LDIR 410 has a 2 MEG
    flash card, and the flash card is identical to a flash card that I
    have in another PIX. The flash card has a five digit number w/
    barcode on a white label attached to the upper corner of the flash
    card. I am able to load PIX OS and LDIR OS, so I know that the unit
    is functioning correctly. It works fine as a LDIR. The only problem
    is I cant get "activation keys" for the PIX OS. When I boot with the
    Boothelper 5.1.5 disk I'm able to successfully boot and then load PIX
    OS 5.1.5 from my tftp server. It flashes the flash, then displays my
    serial number as "12563478" and "activation key" as fffff fffff fffff
    fffff By looking at the digits, that seems like a "fake" serial
    number. When I go to the Cisco website to get activation keys, the
    website says that "12563478" is not a valid serial number. Any ideas
    on what I can do to get activation keys for this flash card? Thanks.
    Please know, this is for educational purposes only. Has anyone
    actually done this?

    Mike Johnson, Jan 6, 2004