Convert HD FLV to ??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Oct 31, 2011.

  1. I am trying to find some thing that will convert HD 1080-720P FLV
    files to say MP4 or MKV with out loosing quality.

    Seems most of the Free ones are crap and one that was recommended on a
    few sites modifies System files.

    This is the Meltdown series that is on the Aljazeera web site, you have
    to search on Google to get to the Selectable resolution ones.

    This normal link does not do that now , no resolution option.

    http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/meltdown/

    But this one does No.1 you can select HD, the files are about 560M

    http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/meltdown/2011/09/2011914105518615434.html

    I used StreamTransport to get them down.

    If you are interested in the others, Total of 4 I can post the direct
    links here.

    You can find 1 and 2 on the net to dnload, but have not seen 3 and 4, I
    did not try Piratebay.

    Frank Williams, Oct 31, 2011

  2. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-10-31, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > I am trying to find some thing that will convert HD 1080-720P FLV
    > files to say MP4 or MKV with out loosing quality.

    Handbrake
    WinFF (ffmpeg)

    MKV is nothing more than a container for the files inside

    Gordon, Oct 31, 2011

  3. On 31 Oct 2011 07:25:38 GMT, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On 2011-10-31, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >>

    >> I am trying to find some thing that will convert HD 1080-720P FLV
    >> files to say MP4 or MKV with out loosing quality.

    >Handbrake
    >WinFF (ffmpeg)
    >

    >MKV is nothing more than a container for the files inside

    May be but the files are a lot smaller than say a AVI with the same
    quality.

    Plus I am not just after freeware just some thing that works 100%

    Frank Williams, Oct 31, 2011
  4. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    On 10/31/2011 9:04 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On 31 Oct 2011 07:25:38 GMT, Gordon<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2011-10-31, Frank Williams<> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> I am trying to find some thing that will convert HD 1080-720P FLV
    >>> files to say MP4 or MKV with out loosing quality.

    >> Handbrake
    >> WinFF (ffmpeg)
    >>

    >> MKV is nothing more than a container for the files inside

    > May be but the files are a lot smaller than say a AVI with the same
    > quality.
    >

    > Plus I am not just after freeware just some thing that works 100%

    AVI is also just a container, no different to MKV really for most
    things. Both can contain anything

    Richard, Oct 31, 2011
  5. Frank Williams

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 31/10/2011 8:18 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

    > I am trying to find some thing that will convert HD 1080-720P FLV
    > files to say MP4 or MKV with out loosing quality.

    loose != lose

    Gib Bogle, Oct 31, 2011