    Thanks in advance,
    --
    Andrew Rudas
    Andrew Rudas, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Andrew Rudas wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I convert call in G 729 codec to G 711 using Cisco Call Manger
    > without transcoders?
    >
    > I had 2 ccm first 3.2 and another 3.3, I try meke call to one of them
    > in g 729 and reroute to another in g 711, and all my trying faild.
    >
    > So have smb any ideas how can I do that?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > --
    > Andrew Rudas

    The thing you are trying to do is called 'transcoding', guess what kind
    of hardware is needed ;-)

    --
    Arnold

    http://www.ligtvoet.org
    Ask smart questions : http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    Arnold Ligtvoet, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Andrew Rudas

    Andrew Rudas Guest

    Arnold Ligtvoet <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Andrew Rudas wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > How can I convert call in G 729 codec to G 711 using Cisco Call Manger
    > > without transcoders?
    > >
    > > I had 2 ccm first 3.2 and another 3.3, I try meke call to one of them
    > > in g 729 and reroute to another in g 711, and all my trying faild.
    > >
    > > So have smb any ideas how can I do that?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Andrew Rudas

    > The thing you are trying to do is called 'transcoding', guess what kind
    > of hardware is needed ;-)

    Thank you, anyway, can ccm make 'transcoding' without 'transcoders',
    just using it's software?

    And one question more. How to make ccm, proxy not only signaling but
    media stream also?

    Regards,
    --
    Andrew Rudas
    Andrew Rudas, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Andrew Rudas wrote:
    > Arnold Ligtvoet <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>Andrew Rudas wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>How can I convert call in G 729 codec to G 711 using Cisco Call Manger
    >>>without transcoders?
    >>>
    >>>I had 2 ccm first 3.2 and another 3.3, I try meke call to one of them
    >>>in g 729 and reroute to another in g 711, and all my trying faild.
    >>>
    >>>So have smb any ideas how can I do that?
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Andrew Rudas

    >>The thing you are trying to do is called 'transcoding', guess what kind
    >>of hardware is needed ;-)

    > Thank you, anyway, can ccm make 'transcoding' without 'transcoders',
    > just using it's software?

    Don't know. I've never tried it, but I've also never seen an option in
    ccm to enable this.

    > And one question more. How to make ccm, proxy not only signaling but
    > media stream also?

    I'm guessing you're in a nat environment? Probaly your clients are on
    the internet or some sort op public network and the ccm is behind a
    firewall ? In this case (or if the clients are in a natted network) you
    need a firewall solution that supports the type of gateway you intend to
    use. Look at the more professional firewalls
    (s/professional/expensive/g). I've also seen an h.323 conntrack module
    for iptables.

    You could also use a media terminator (ie. a box with media resources)
    and terminate all traffic there. In this case you would have to forward
    the UDP ports used for RTP traffic to the media terminator.

    Arnold Ligtvoet, Nov 27, 2003
  5. Andrew Rudas

    Andrew Rudas Guest

    Arnold Ligtvoet <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Andrew Rudas wrote:
    > > Arnold Ligtvoet <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > >>The thing you are trying to do is called 'transcoding', guess what kind
    > >>of hardware is needed ;-)

    > > Thank you, anyway, can ccm make 'transcoding' without 'transcoders',
    > > just using it's software?

    > Don't know. I've never tried it, but I've also never seen an option in
    > ccm to enable this.

    I tried. And all attepts faild. :(
    Transcoding implements, only using dsp resourses of origination
    equipment, for example, Cisco Phone resourses.

    > > And one question more. How to make ccm, proxy not only signaling but
    > > media stream also?

    > I'm guessing you're in a nat environment? Probaly your clients are on
    > the internet or some sort op public network and the ccm is behind a
    > firewall ? In this case (or if the clients are in a natted network) you
    > need a firewall solution that supports the type of gateway you intend to
    > use. Look at the more professional firewalls
    > (s/professional/expensive/g). I've also seen an h.323 conntrack module
    > for iptables.
    >
    > You could also use a media terminator (ie. a box with media resources)
    > and terminate all traffic there. In this case you would have to forward
    > the UDP ports used for RTP traffic to the media terminator.

    I know that for nating voice, PAT is need, but problem is only in
    convertion codecs, because if ccm can proxy media stream i think it
    will be a hope for possibility to convert codecs. :)

    Thanks for your answers and help,

    --
    Andrew Rudas
    Andrew Rudas, Nov 28, 2003