    IAN. P. GARDNER
    ISLE OF WIGHT
    www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    IAN GARDNER, May 16, 2004

  2. IAN GARDNER

    Matt Guest

    click Start - Run and type in command, press enter. then in the dos window
    type,

    convert C: /fs:ntfs

    it will convert it when you restart.

    Matt, May 16, 2004

  3. IAN GARDNER

    Thor Guest

    "Matt" <9.co.uk> wrote in message
    > click Start - Run and type in command, press enter. then in the dos window
    > type,
    >
    > convert C: /fs:ntfs
    >
    > it will convert it when you restart.

    And I will add that it should not destroy the data. The conversion process
    is pretty fast, too.

    Thor, May 16, 2004
  4. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Matt" <9.co.uk> wrote in message
    > click Start - Run and type in command, press enter. then in the dos window
    > type,
    >
    > convert C: /fs:ntfs
    >
    > it will convert it when you restart.
    >
    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Dear all,
    > >
    > > Windows XP.
    > >
    > > I want to convert my C: drive to NTSC (You know what I mean!) from

    FAT32.
    > > When I tried
    > > it said that all my Files would be deleted. I don`t want this.
    > > Can I convert without the files being deleted and how?
    > >
    > > Thanks guy you brainy lot!
    > >
    > > --
    > > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    That was quick! Thanks.
    Are you sure it will not delete my files on the C drive?

    IAN GARDNER, May 16, 2004
  5. IAN GARDNER

    Thor Guest

    > "Matt" <9.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > click Start - Run and type in command, press enter. then in the dos

    window
    > > type,
    > >
    > > convert C: /fs:ntfs
    > >
    > > it will convert it when you restart.
    > >
    > > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Dear all,
    > > >
    > > > Windows XP.
    > > >
    > > > I want to convert my C: drive to NTSC (You know what I mean!) from

    > FAT32.
    > > > When I tried
    > > > it said that all my Files would be deleted. I don`t want this.
    > > > Can I convert without the files being deleted and how?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks guy you brainy lot!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > > > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > > > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    > That was quick! Thanks.
    > Are you sure it will not delete my files on the C drive?

    Unless something goes horribly wrong, yes I'm quite sure. The convert
    command is meant to convert the file system without destroying data. If you
    look up the word "convert" in your windows help and support from the start
    menu, it tells you how to go about converting a volume to NTFS. As with any
    type of file system conversion, back up anything important beforehand, just
    to be safe.

    Thor, May 16, 2004
  6. IAN GARDNER

    Plato Guest

    IAN GARDNER wrote:

    > Are you sure it will not delete my files on the C drive?

    I've never seen it happen, but when you mess with file systems you never
    know. I heard of this guy called Murphy once........

    Plato, May 16, 2004
  7. IAN GARDNER

    Global_Killa Guest

    > "Matt" <9.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > click Start - Run and type in command, press enter. then in the dos

    window
    > > type,
    > >
    > > convert C: /fs:ntfs
    > >
    > > it will convert it when you restart.
    > >
    > > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Dear all,
    > > >
    > > > Windows XP.
    > > >
    > > > I want to convert my C: drive to NTSC (You know what I mean!) from

    > FAT32.
    > > > When I tried
    > > > it said that all my Files would be deleted. I don`t want this.
    > > > Can I convert without the files being deleted and how?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks guy you brainy lot!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > > > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > > > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    > That was quick! Thanks.
    > Are you sure it will not delete my files on the C drive?
    >
    > --
    > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    I converted my Windows XP this way, I didn't lose any data off my hard
    drive. Found out how to convert from FAT32 in the Windows help.

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk

    Global_Killa, May 16, 2004
  8. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Global_Killa" <> wrote in message

    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "Matt" <9.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > click Start - Run and type in command, press enter. then in the dos

    > window
    > > > type,
    > > >
    > > > convert C: /fs:ntfs
    > > >
    > > > it will convert it when you restart.
    > > >
    > > > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message

    > > FAT32.

    > > That was quick! Thanks.
    > > Are you sure it will not delete my files on the C drive?
    > >
    > > --
    > > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    > I converted my Windows XP this way, I didn't lose any data off my hard
    > drive. Found out how to convert from FAT32 in the Windows help.

    Thanks guys for all your help. I took the plunge and It worked!
    If we all remembered to look in the help file then this newsgroup would be
    empty. If we share our problems together then we all get ideas about things.
    This newsgroup is a godsend and we should use it.
    Also when my new printer diddn`t work. Windows was no help. I had to go into
    the BIOS and alter something.

    IAN GARDNER, May 21, 2004