    --
    "Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say
    and not giving a damn." -- Gore Vidal

    geothermal, Mar 26, 2005

  2. geothermal

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "geothermal" <> wrote in message
    news:1111869125.367382@yasure...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I don't know databases very well. I have ACT and I
    > have Point. I'd like to convert all my Point BRW files
    > into DBF files for ACT.
    >
    > Not sure if such a converter exists of if I can do it
    > with either program. Maybe I can convert the files
    > into some other file type first ?
    >
    > Any comments welcome. TIA.
    >
    > geothermal

    Hi, G!

    You'll probably have good success if Point will export the BRW to CSV
    (comma separated variable format) and if ACT imports them. I do that for
    address books between different email clients without too much trouble.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 26, 2005

  3. geothermal

    geothermal Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "geothermal" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>I don't know databases very well. I have ACT and I
    >>have Point. I'd like to convert all my Point BRW files
    >>into DBF files for ACT.
    >>
    >>geothermal

    > Hi, G!
    >
    > You'll probably have good success if Point will export the BRW to CSV
    > (comma separated variable format) and if ACT imports them. I do that for
    > address books between different email clients without too much trouble.

    Thanks for the idea Tim, but it doesn't look like Point will bulk
    export anything except to the printer ! Yuck !

    cheerio,

    geothermal

    geothermal, Mar 28, 2005
  4. geothermal

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <1112037159.611386@yasure>, geothermal
    <> writes
    >Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> "geothermal" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>>I don't know databases very well. I have ACT and I
    >>>have Point. I'd like to convert all my Point BRW files
    >>>into DBF files for ACT.
    >>>
    >>>geothermal

    >> Hi, G!
    >> You'll probably have good success if Point will export the BRW to
    >>CSV (comma separated variable format) and if ACT imports them. I do
    >>that for address books between different email clients without too
    >>much trouble.

    >Thanks for the idea Tim, but it doesn't look like Point will bulk
    >export anything except to the printer ! Yuck !
    >
    >cheerio,
    >
    >geothermal

    One of the things that 'Paperless Printer' will 'print' to is Excel.
    Although I don't know anything about Point, is there any chance that you
    could use it to produce Excel files from your Point files, and go from
    there?

    Just a thought...
    Ian.

    Ian Jackson, Mar 28, 2005