    to a midi file.
    TIA
    , May 15, 2006

  2. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Please point me to a freeware program that will convert a cda file
    > to a midi file.
    > TIA

    There is No software that will successfully convert audio files
    into Midi format.
    If you wish to create a Midi file, you need a Midi Editor,
    and type the notes in yourself.
    Then you assign instruments to the notes you`ve created.
    beenthere, May 15, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > Please point me to a freeware program that will convert a cda file
    > to a midi file.
    > TIA

    Any combination of a cd player program, yourself (especially ears and
    fingers) and a midi keyboard program - works best with a good midi
    keyboard, but sometimes as a crutch, a typewriter type keyboard might
    suffice - should do. Success largely depends upon the HMID (Human Music
    Interface Device) which has to handle the wav-to-midi transform.
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, May 15, 2006
  4. beenthere Guest

    "Walter Mautner" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Please point me to a freeware program that will convert a cda file
    >> to a midi file.
    >> TIA

    > Any combination of a cd player program, yourself (especially ears and
    > fingers) and a midi keyboard program - works best with a good midi
    > keyboard, but sometimes as a crutch, a typewriter type keyboard might
    > suffice - should do. Success largely depends upon the HMID (Human Music
    > Interface Device) which has to handle the wav-to-midi transform.

    That seems like a hard way of saying No, Walter. <g>.
    Mind you I did like the HMID.
    If you had added `input` it would have ended up as HMIDI.
    I like the idea of Human MIDI.
    beenthere, May 15, 2006
  5. gangle Guest

    <> wrote
    > Please point me to a freeware program that will convert a cda file
    > to a midi file.

    First convert the cda files on the CD to WAV files
    onto the hard drive ("ripping") using CDEX:
    http://cd-to-mp3.audiolaunch.com/cd-ripper/

    Then, convert the WAVS into midis using:
    http://www.digital-ear.com/digital-ear/index.asp
    (not free, but not everything you want that gets
    the job done can be)
    OR
    http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~araki/amazingmidi/
    OR
    http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/windows_software/MuseBookWTM/MuseWTM.html

    Good luck, as the midi conversion is not an exact
    science type of thing.
    gangle, May 15, 2006
  6. Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 15 May 2006 13:44:29 GMT, wrote:

    >Please point me to a freeware program that will convert a cda file
    >to a midi file.

    Not possible.

    >TIA

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, May 16, 2006
  7. Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 15 May 2006 13:44:29 +0000, none wrote:

    > Please point me to a freeware program that will convert a cda file to a
    > midi file.
    > TIA

    CDA -> WAV -> MIDI. Nothing free that I know of that will create a MIDI
    from a WAV file. And those that you pay for don't do a great job. Best to
    search for a MIDI composition of the song(s) you want done by a human
    musician.

    Meat Plow, May 16, 2006