    don't have any idea? Please,advise!

    Thanks,
    Rachana
    Rachana, Jun 22, 2007

  2. Rachana

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 04:31:33 -0700, Rachana wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I am using VB6 - MsAccess.
    >My Appl. needs data from PDF file (PDF shows inf. in columnar format)
    >How to get data from PDF & store in Access table, so that appl. can
    >use it for further process?
    >Conversion has to be done externally or is it possible within appl. ?

    Externally to what, your application or Access? Never mind.

    Within an application (and VB6 should like any programming tool) you
    will have several choices of (PDF) document conversion DLLs / APIs you
    can get as freeware or buy to do the conversion for you.

    Search www.google.com for the many VB6 programmer forums and MS Access
    newsgroups. Someone will have done what you ask before.

    VBForums - Visual Basic and VB .NET Discussions and More!
    This forum is for all your Visual Basic (versions 3, 4, 5, .... your
    code tips and tricks as well as downloadable, full code listings in
    these sub-forums. ...
    www.vbforums.com/ - 21 Jun 2007 - Similar pages

    PDF APIs for Visual Basic
    www.PDFOnline.com/easyPDF/SDK Create PDF with 3 Lines of Code.
    Works with VB, VB.NET. Free Trial!

    Pdf Conversion
    SmartPDFconverter.com Easily convert between PDF, Word, HTML, TXT
    or Excel. Free to try!
    Vb6 rtf to pdf software by download-converter and others
    PDF Metamorphosis is a very simple in use. It convert PDF files into RTF
    and Text files (TXT). It help you to convert many of files in a short
    time. ...
    www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/vb6-rtf-to-pdf.html - 32k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Planet PDF Forum Archive -Convert pdf files to tif files in VB6.0?
    A discussion from our forum. Our Planet PDF Forum Archive spans
    1999-2007 and includes more than 120000 posts or messages about using
    PDF and Acrobat.
    www.planetpdf.com/forumarchive/52414.asp - 47k - Cached - Similar pages

    PDFConverterX, PDF to Text Component for Conversion
    PDF Converter X encapsulates all the details required for quick
    integration. Furthermore, a sample Visual Basic application is provided
    to get you up to ...
    www.softinterface.com/PDFX/Convert-PDF-To-Text-Component.HTM - 22k -

    >don't have any idea? Please,advise!

    Goto programmer's school.

    >Thanks,
    >Rachana

    Me
    why?, Jun 22, 2007

  3. Rachana

    Mike Easter Guest

    Rachana wrote:

    > My Appl. needs data from PDF file (PDF shows inf. in columnar format)
    > How to get data from PDF & store in Access table, so that appl. can
    > use it for further process?

    Some .pdf files are simply an output to screen or printer 'format' - the
    individual elements of content are no longer separable. In some .pdf/s
    you can't even copy a word from the .pdf content, much less the
    individual elements of a table in a table like form.

    The answer, it depends on the .pdf file.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 22, 2007
  4. Rachana

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rachana" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am using VB6 - MsAccess.
    > My Appl. needs data from PDF file (PDF shows inf. in columnar format)
    > How to get data from PDF & store in Access table, so that appl. can
    > use it for further process?
    > Conversion has to be done externally or is it possible within appl. ?
    > don't have any idea? Please,advise!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rachana

    Why not have the entity who provided the PDF document send you the raw data?
    Or are you stealing someone else's information and using it as your own?
    Most of the time when I send something in PDF format it's because I don't
    WANT the receiving party to play with my data.
    WhzzKdd, Jun 22, 2007
  5. Rachana

    Rachana Guest

    On Jun 22, 11:39 pm, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    > "Rachana" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,
    > > I am using VB6 - MsAccess.
    > > My Appl. needs data from PDF file (PDF shows inf. in columnar format)
    > > How to get data from PDF & store in Access table, so that appl. can
    > > use it for further process?
    > > Conversion has to be done externally or is it possible within appl. ?
    > > don't have any idea? Please,advise!

    > > Thanks,
    > >Rachana

    > Why not have the entity who provided the PDF document send you the raw data?
    > Or are you stealing someone else's information and using it as your own?
    > Most of the time when I send something in PDF format it's because I don't
    > WANT the receiving party to play with my data.

    Hi,
    My client wants to save their data entry time. They have debit card,
    they purchase many products (daily) from ABC comp. Any time they can
    log in into their account with ABC & can view updated Statment showing
    purchase dtls. Statment is in PDF Format

    For their (clients) own accounting purpose(purchase dtls), they have
    to maintain all these. but instead of punching, they want to save
    their time by picking up the already available information( which is
    purely related with their own purch.dtls) Clients database - Ms Access

    So, is there any way? Direct Conversion from PDF to MsAccess?
    Again, Conversion should be done outside the appl only or possible
    within appl, using VB code?

    Regards,
    Rachana
    Rachana, Jun 23, 2007
  6. Rachana

    Alfred Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 23:05:12 -0700, Rachana <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >My client wants to save their data entry time. They have debit card,
    >they purchase many products (daily) from ABC comp. Any time they can
    >log in into their account with ABC & can view updated Statment showing
    >purchase dtls. Statment is in PDF Format
    >
    >For their (clients) own accounting purpose(purchase dtls), they have
    >to maintain all these. but instead of punching, they want to save
    >their time by picking up the already available information( which is
    >purely related with their own purch.dtls) Clients database - Ms Access
    >
    >So, is there any way? Direct Conversion from PDF to MsAccess?
    >Again, Conversion should be done outside the appl only or possible
    >within appl, using VB code?

    I don't know of any way to get data from a pdf file directly into an
    Access app. Best I can suggest is a pdf to text or pdf to html
    converter then see if you can paste the output into a spreadsheet.
    Should be able to import the result into an access table.
    Alfred, Jun 23, 2007