    EPS~EXE or what?
    [Epson Printer]...... I'm a bit [totally] lost here.
    regards......MAWD
    tvs, Mar 7, 2008

  2. tvs

    Robert Baer Guest

    tvs wrote:

    > Hi....in the Config.Sys, where it says....
    > DEVICEHIGH={Your System Drivers Go Here}
    >
    > what kind of drivers go in the {Your System Drivers Go Here}
    > area? Are they printer/scanner type drivers? If so, how
    > are they written? Is it something like this...?
    > EPS~EXE or what?
    > [Epson Printer]...... I'm a bit [totally] lost here.
    > regards......MAWD

    This is DOS or added support for Win95/98/98SE only.
    Device drivers would not include anything for printers (at least i
    have never seen any), but would include a CD driver for reading CD disks
    (NOT DVD disks unless formatted as a possibly larger CD).
    I have not seen drivers for anything else, but it is possible that
    there is one for the ZIP drive and some tape drives.
    DOS and all windows will run almost any printer; DOS does it in
    "native" mode as if they weer a dumb teletype; Win3.x and up have their
    own printer drivers.
    Robert Baer, Mar 7, 2008