    use ms word etc but he or she should not install new programs, for instance.

    any suggestions appreciated.

    ps

    PS, Jan 1, 2004

  2. PS

    O&O Guest

    "PS" <> wrote in message
    news:3ff3b8cc$0$18693$...
    > I wish to set up a pc or two in my business.
    >
    > Is there a web site where info can be found for such business.

    Specifically,
    > I wish to set up password for the pc so that each user can be issued a
    > password and maybe user name too. program must also work out time pc has
    > been logged on by this user.
    >
    > pc is not on network,
    >
    > another control important to me is that user should not be able to change
    > major settings on the pc so as to stuff it up. I mean it is okay for user

    > use ms word etc but he or she should not install new programs, for

    instance.

    > any suggestions appreciated.

    I think you'll find "Profiles" have all the facilities you desire.

    Have a look for Profiles under Windows help, then try Goggling for it.

    Cheers
    Paul

    O&O, Jan 1, 2004

  3. PS

    O&O Guest

    "PS" <> wrote in message
    > I wish to set up a pc or two in my business.
    >
    > Is there a web site where info can be found for such business.

    Specifically,
    > I wish to set up password for the pc so that each user can be issued a
    > password and maybe user name too. program must also work out time pc has
    > been logged on by this user.
    >
    > pc is not on network,
    >
    > another control important to me is that user should not be able to change
    > major settings on the pc so as to stuff it up. I mean it is okay for user

    > use ms word etc but he or she should not install new programs, for

    instance.

    > any suggestions appreciated.

    Sorry not 'all' but 'most' of the things you want except perhaps the time
    logging, though I will take advice on that one if anyone 'knows' for sure.

    It is certainly able to completely restrict a user to what ever you want. I
    sat down one afternoon with the book in hand and had Win95 to the point
    where all you could do was start the PC then when it had finished booting,
    the only option was to shut down.

    If you are serious it is worth investing in one of the Microsoft books on
    the subject so you understand what is happening rather than slavishly
    following a click this, do that list.

    Anyway as I said before try 'Google' it's amazing what a little 'research'
    will show up.

    Cheers (again)
    Paul

    O&O, Jan 1, 2004