    Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
    Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System. Can
    anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

    Mary Ann Simms, Mar 1, 2008

  2. Mary Ann Simms

    Guest

    Mary Ann Simms nervously hit keys and said, On 3/1/2008 8:51 AM:
    > I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently Windows
    > had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
    > onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files restored, I
    > began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
    > print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as well. I
    > am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems were
    > fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the icons
    > are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
    > Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
    > Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System. Can
    > anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

    Wow, double posting and not asking anything new. What you need are
    drivers. Here is the website:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=426322

    Always remember that when reinstalling an OS.

    --
    "Wood doesn't just grow on trees..."
    Charlie Harper

    , Mar 1, 2008

  3. Mary Ann Simms

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 1, 1:51 pm, "Mary Ann Simms" <> wrote:
    > I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently Windows
    > had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
    > onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files restored, I
    > began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
    > print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as well. I
    > am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems were
    > fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the icons
    > are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
    > Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
    > Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System. Can
    > anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

    http://download.yousendit.com/62C2D9F827D04CED
    See Pic of my control panel. It may jog the memory, Mary Ann Simms. :)

    sandy58, Mar 1, 2008
  4. Mary Ann Simms

    Lanham Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 1, 1:51 pm, "Mary Ann Simms" <> wrote:
    >> I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently
    >> Windows
    >> had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
    >> onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files
    >> restored, I
    >> began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
    >> print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as
    >> well. I
    >> am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems
    >> were
    >> fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the
    >> icons
    >> are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
    >> Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
    >> Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System.
    >> Can
    >> anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

    > http://download.yousendit.com/62C2D9F827D04CED
    > See Pic of my control panel. It may jog the memory, Mary Ann Simms. :)

    Thanks, Sandy58 for the pic. I think maybe the Sound Effects icon was the
    one that disappeared.

    Lanham, Mar 1, 2008
  5. Mary Ann Simms

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 1, 7:44 pm, "Lanham" <> wrote:
    > "sandy58" <> wrote in message

    > > On Mar 1, 1:51 pm, "Mary Ann Simms" <> wrote:
    > >> I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently
    > >> Windows
    > >> had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
    > >> onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files
    > >> restored, I
    > >> began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
    > >> print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as
    > >> well. I
    > >> am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems
    > >> were
    > >> fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the
    > >> icons
    > >> are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
    > >> Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
    > >> Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System.
    > >> Can
    > >> anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

    > >http://download.yousendit.com/62C2D9F827D04CED
    > > See Pic of my control panel. It may jog the memory, Mary Ann Simms. :)

    > Thanks, Sandy58 for the pic. I think maybe the Sound Effects icon was the
    > one that disappeared.

    That's Realtek AC '97 Audio. :)

    sandy58, Mar 2, 2008