    Any thoughts to as why this is? What does this mean? Do I need to remove
    one of them?
    TY
    Norman Frith, Sep 14, 2006

  2. Norman Frith

    John Holmes Guest

    Norman Frith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi,
    > I am currently running Windows XP Pro. Tried a beta version of IE 7
    > and
    > all it did was bung up my computer, so I did a sys restore. Now I have
    > two internet options icons in the control panel. They both do the same
    > thing, I can even use them at the same time, independant of each
    > other.
    > Any thoughts to as why this is? What does this mean? Do I need to
    > remove
    > one of them?
    > TY

    You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little
    worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a
    cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a
    revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

    --
    Your mother was a cruel artist who prostituted herself in the Red Light
    District of Amsterdam.
    John Holmes, Sep 14, 2006

  3. Norman Frith

    Guest

    "Norman Frith" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I am currently running Windows XP Pro. Tried a beta version of IE 7 and
    >all it did was bung up my computer, so I did a sys restore. Now I have two
    >internet options icons in the control panel. They both do the same thing, I
    >can even use them at the same time, independant of each other.
    > Any thoughts to as why this is? What does this mean? Do I need to remove
    >one of them?

    Seems the restore was the problem.

    Search for *.CPL delete any duplicates in the WINDOWS\system32
    directory, keep them in recycle bin until you know there's no problem.

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321
  4. John Holmes wrote:
    > Norman Frith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >> I am currently running Windows XP Pro. Tried a beta version of IE 7
    >> and
    >>all it did was bung up my computer, so I did a sys restore. Now I have
    >>two internet options icons in the control panel. They both do the same
    >>thing, I can even use them at the same time, independant of each
    >>other.
    >> Any thoughts to as why this is? What does this mean? Do I need to
    >> remove
    >>one of them?
    >> TY
    >>

    > You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little
    > worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a
    > cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a
    > revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

    I wish you would stop holding back your emotions and really let him know
    how you feel. ;-)

    BTW, The lemon juice worked wonders on the garlic , thanks.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 14, 2006
  5. Norman Frith

    Norman Frith Guest

    Once again a useless newsgroup with its little brown shirts. Hey u foreign
    piece of *****. B*** me Fa****

    Norman Frith, Sep 14, 2006
  6. Norman Frith wrote:

    > Once again a useless newsgroup with its little brown shirts. Hey u foreign
    > piece of *****. B*** me Fa****

    118118

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 14, 2006
  7. Norman Frith

    John Holmes Guest

    Brian H¹© "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> Norman Frith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>> I am currently running Windows XP Pro. Tried a beta version of IE 7
    >>> and
    >>>all it did was bung up my computer, so I did a sys restore. Now I have
    >>>two internet options icons in the control panel. They both do the same
    >>>thing, I can even use them at the same time, independant of each
    >>>other.
    >>> Any thoughts to as why this is? What does this mean? Do I need to
    >>> remove
    >>>one of them?
    >>> TY
    >>>

    >> You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little
    >> worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a
    >> cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench,

    >> revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
    >>

    > I wish you would stop holding back your emotions and really let him

    know
    > how you feel. ;-)
    >
    > BTW, The lemon juice worked wonders on the garlic , thanks.

    Glad to be of any help, finally...

    --
    Your mother was a gap-teethed vegetable who used to meditate in a home
    for the permanently baffled.
    John Holmes, Sep 15, 2006
  8. Norman Frith

    John Holmes Guest

    Norman Frith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Once again a useless newsgroup with its little brown shirts. Hey u
    > foreign piece of *****. B*** me Fa****

    I'd suggest you'd quit drinking.

    --
    Your mother was a clumsy derelict who was exhibited in a freak-show in a
    political party.
    John Holmes, Sep 15, 2006
  9. Norman Frith

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Norman Frith wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am currently running Windows XP Pro. Tried a beta version of IE 7 and
    > all it did was bung up my computer, so I did a sys restore. Now I have two
    > internet options icons in the control panel. They both do the same thing, I
    > can even use them at the same time, independant of each other.
    > Any thoughts to as why this is? What does this mean? Do I need to remove
    > one of them?
    > TY

    I upgraded to IE 7's beta version and am happily using it--it's been
    working swimmingly for me. Do you have Service Pack 2? If you don't that
    would explain the problem. No, not the double-icons problem, but it
    would explain the problems with running IE7. And by the way, Pennywise's
    solution seems so far the best (well, the only non-junk answer so far,
    but it looks to me like it might work), so I'd try it.

    You can find out what service pack you have by clicking the Start
    button, then right-clicking on My Computer and selecting Properties. The
    dialog box you get says under "System:" what version you have. Once you
    find this out you can hit Cancel.

    If you have Service Pack 1 or no service packs (some people haven't
    upgraded to SP2 yet, but if you haven't even got SP1 you are in SERIOUS
    trouble security-wise, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms), you can
    upgrade to SP2 by running Windows Update--somewhere in there you can get
    SP2. You might want to order the CD to get it mailed to you, however, if
    you have dial-up, otherwise it will take hours to download.

    Once you get SP2 if you don't have it already, then you can run IE7 just
    fine probably. Now if you already have SP2, then I have no idea what IE7
    didn't like. :)

    Hope this helps!
    AnonyMouse, Sep 15, 2006
  10. Norman Frith

    AnonyMouse Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > Brian H¹© "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> John Holmes wrote:
    >>> Norman Frith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little
    >>> worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a
    >>> cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench,

    >>> revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
    >>>

    >> I wish you would stop holding back your emotions and really let him

    > know
    >> how you feel. ;-)
    >>
    >> BTW, The lemon juice worked wonders on the garlic , thanks.
    >>

    > Glad to be of any help, finally...

    Would you guys just stop this completely off-topic baloney in this poor
    guy's thread?!? If you're going to do this, you should at least put OT
    in your subject line to tell people it's off-topic. And what did Norman
    do to get yelled at for?
    AnonyMouse, Sep 15, 2006
  11. AnonyMouse wrote:
    > John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> I wish you would stop holding back your emotions and really let him

    >> know
    >>
    >>> how you feel. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> BTW, The lemon juice worked wonders on the garlic , thanks.
    >>>

    >> Glad to be of any help, finally...
    >>

    > Would you guys just stop this completely off-topic baloney in this poor
    > guy's thread?!? If you're going to do this, you should at least put OT
    > in your subject line to tell people it's off-topic. And what did Norman
    > do to get yelled at for?

    I'll thank someone as when and where I feel like it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 15, 2006
  12. Norman Frith

    John Holmes Guest

    Brian H¹© "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > AnonyMouse wrote:
    >> John Holmes wrote:
    >>
    >>> Brian H¹© "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> know

    >>> Glad to be of any help, finally...
    >>>

    >> Would you guys just stop this completely off-topic baloney in this
    >> poor guy's thread?!? If you're going to do this, you should at least
    >> put OT in your subject line to tell people it's off-topic. And what
    >> did Norman do to get yelled at for?

    > I'll thank someone as when and where I feel like it.

    Agreed.. Thank you.

    --
    Your mother was a disdainful McDonalds employee who stuffed turkeys in a
    tattoo studio in L.A..
    John Holmes, Sep 16, 2006