    program using the Add Remove feature, but the (1) lingers on. Is
    there any way to get this off the list? Is that something that
    TweakEI would handle?
    claude nine, Aug 2, 2003

  2. claude nine

    trout Guest

    claude nine wrote:

    > With WinXP there were two entries on the Add Remove Software settings
    > for one program. - the second was denoted (1). I uninstalled the
    > program using the Add Remove feature, but the (1) lingers on. Is
    > there any way to get this off the list? Is that something that
    > TweakEI would handle?

    Are you positive that it is just an orphan entry, and not a second
    installation?
    If so, yes, removal of the name can be done with TweakUI.
    --
    "Note the spelling, if searching for your version of it."
    trout, Aug 2, 2003

  3. claude nine

    claude nine Guest

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:56:04 -0700, "trout" <> wrote:

    >claude nine wrote:
    >
    >> With WinXP there were two entries on the Add Remove Software settings
    >> for one program. - the second was denoted (1). I uninstalled the
    >> program using the Add Remove feature, but the (1) lingers on. Is
    >> there any way to get this off the list? Is that something that
    >> TweakEI would handle?

    > Are you positive that it is just an orphan entry, and not a second
    >installation?
    > If so, yes, removal of the name can be done with TweakUI.

    trout - thanks. It seems to be an orphan entry - I uninstalled the
    original and deleted the files that were left. Is TweakUI different
    from TweakEI?
    claude nine, Aug 2, 2003
  4. claude nine

    claude nine Guest

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:30:54 -0700, "trout" <> wrote:

    >claude nine wrote:

    >>> Are you positive that it is just an orphan entry, and not a second
    >>> installation?
    >>> If so, yes, removal of the name can be done with TweakUI.

    >> trout - thanks. It seems to be an orphan entry - I uninstalled the
    >> original and deleted the files that were left. Is TweakUI different
    >> from TweakEI?

    > I've never heard of "TweakEI". Look here:
    >http://www.webattack.com/get/tweakuixp.shtml

    Sorry - twas TweakIE - but will try your suggestion.
    Again - thanks
    claude nine, Aug 2, 2003
  5. claude nine

    trout Guest

    claude nine wrote:

    > On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:30:54 -0700, "trout" <> wrote:
    >
    >> claude nine wrote:

    >>> trout - thanks. It seems to be an orphan entry - I uninstalled the
    >>> original and deleted the files that were left. Is TweakUI
    >>> different from TweakEI?

    >> I've never heard of "TweakEI". Look here:
    >> http://www.webattack.com/get/tweakuixp.shtml

    > Sorry - twas TweakIE - but will try your suggestion.
    > Again - thanks

    Oh, might have known. Yes, as you may imagine, *that* program is for
    tweaking Internet Explorer. UI's the one you want.
    --
    "I wasn't being deliberately dense. It comes naturally."
    trout, Aug 2, 2003