Control panel "Add Or Remove Programs" and Black Bars Problem (due to incomplete uninstall ?) ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Tried to remove some Norton anti-virus stuff, and all sorts of problems
    developed.
    Their un-installer hung up, and does each time I try doing it.

    Also, there are some big black vertical lines now in the Control panel\Add
    Or Rempve Programs listing. I read a post that said this is due, probably,
    to an incomplete install, with old registry keys hanging, or not eliminated.
    Sure seems to fit my case.

    What do you think about these black bars ?

    Can anyone suggest, please, a good Un-Installer (free, or not too expensive)
    to download that
    might fix the problem be getting rid of all the Norton garbage remaining ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Sunny Guest

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...ew=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=

    You are looking for Document ID :
    Document ID:2001092114452606

    Sunny, Dec 30, 2005

  3. Robert11

    james Guest

    http://www.4developers.com/addremove/
    Use this ....Free for 30 days
    good Luck
    Jim

    james, Dec 31, 2005
  4. This is a very common problem with norton...Your best advice is from sunny.

    Harold potter esq, Dec 31, 2005
  5. Robert11

    Plato Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Tried to remove some Norton anti-virus stuff, and all sorts of problems
    > developed.
    > Their un-installer hung up, and does each time I try doing it.

    Special Norton uninstallers here if add/remove fails:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/helpdesk.htm
    Plato, Dec 31, 2005